PDA

View Full Version : Friend and neighbor takes a Tuscarawas county giant!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
12-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Here are a couple pics of a buck my neighbor harvested on the second day of the first gun season. After I had a talk with him about how it went down all is good and we have a good working relationship about our properties that hook up with eachother. If I remember correctly it green scores at 190 3/8"!!!!!

radicalxl
12-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Tell him congrats on that giant. Glad that whole situation worked out. Did I see a picture of him in the Times Reporter the other day?

PlayTheWindMike
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow nice buck. Did you say before that you seen a bigger buck there?

mrbb
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
well congrats to him on a great buck!

ManOfTheFall
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes, the picture was in the times reporter and yes, there is a bigger buck, a huge non-typical.

hortontoter
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
That is a great buck. The two of you being able to work together for the good of the area herd is a big plus. To many people in my area have the "if its brown, its down" syndrome.

ManOfTheFall
12-18-2012, 01:09 AM
This buck was not on either of our camera's. We heard and saw other hunters from about 2 miles away had him on their camera's. It just goes to show you never know what may show up. We know of at least 6 other giants that have been either on our properties or around our properties the last couple years. I have personally seen 4 of them and my neighbor has seen the other 2.

Big_Holla
12-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Very nice and then some!! Glad you guys are working together with the land!!

bucksonly
12-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Thats one heck of a buck. Not trying hate, as I'm sure that's what everone is going to comment, but word in Dover this is the second big buck this guy killed in 2012. Nuisance permits I hear. I really hope that's not the case!

ghunter
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM
If he killed one with a nuisance permit he's still allowed to take a buck in any season. He didn't get to keep the buck if he did indeed get it with a nuisance permit.

Big_Holla
12-18-2012, 11:56 AM
If I remember right any antlered bucks taken on the nuisance permit have to be turned over to the ODNR. Remember looking into this a while back for a similar reason.

PlayTheWindMike
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
If he killed one with a nuisance permit he's still allowed to take a buck in any season. He didn't get to keep the buck if he did indeed get it with a nuisance permit.

That's absolutely correct here in Ohio. Any horn on the head must be handed to the game warden. Locally at a place where the land owner has been approved for nuisance the game warden brings this guy 6 tags at a time and he is called anytime a deer is killed with any type of horn on the head and yes, the game warden drives over and picks up the horns.

brokenarrow
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Unless there is actual proof, don't let accusations ruin a good congratulations for this gentleman. It seems that every time a spectacular deer is taken, there is always a negative report relating to the hunter's credibility. Once again, congratulations to him on taking a true giant, I am sincerely jealous! It makes my 150" buck from this year look like a midget!

MICH
12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
WOW..only in ohio, that is a slammer

ManOfTheFall
12-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I haven't heard anything like that at all. I believe to have a nuisance permit you also have to farm the land. Neither my family's property or his property is farmed. So, unless he shot a big buck on a nuisance permit on someone else's property it certainly wasn't our properties. I would like to know who started that rumor!!!!!

rednecklb69
12-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Nuisance tags end the day before bow season season starts.

ghunter
12-22-2012, 07:12 AM
Without them a farmer could lose all his crops. There's more to life then being able to get a monster buck with a bow.

buckscout
12-26-2012, 08:20 AM
manofthefall......great job working with your neighbor....i had a neighbor that refused to do anything except kill anything and everythign that resembled a deer....he sold the property about 5 years right underneath me, I wanted it but he sold it to someone else....anyhow, the new fella and I work together and have a great QDM program going....we each honor the others rights to take deer but we also honor each others ambitions to grow the deer and herd and make it better for the future.....I witnessed with my own eyes from about 200 yards away this neighbor NOT killing a nice 150 class buck.....I called him that evening and told him that I was watching from the hillside while glassing the area and asked him why he did not shoot that buck.....his answer...."your son has been hunting that bruiser for 2 years now, I wanted him to have the chance to stick an arrow in him".

that reply almost brought tears to my eyes.....I was shocked that another hunter, who barely knows us would go to such great lengths just for a hunt.....this property has bonded us 2 hunters for life...its amazing what 2 land owners can accomplish if they just get together and get to know one another before they start killing deer each season....in 4 seasons we have done more than I accomplished in 15 seasons prior.

with that I say good job manofthefall....keep it up and I respect the fact that both of you can work together.