PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty

radicalxl
12-15-2012, 11:15 AM
I have a new role model and favorite person in the world. I know at 58 yrs old it might be a little too late in life to have a role model, but at least I have a new favorite person. Since 1969 and super bowl 3, Joe Namath has always been my hero, but Joe Willie has to take a back seat to Phil Robertson. I never lived up to Joes acomplishhments anyway, except for the surgical scars on my knees, LOL. I have been watching the show for awhile and thought that I would find out a little more about the charaters. What I found out surprised me. He most definetly is not some dumb redneck from Loooosianna. Maybe some of you guys aleady know this but dad Phil went to Louisianna Tech University. He was the starting QB in front of Terry Bradshaw. Bradshaw didn't start untill Phil graduated. He has a favorite saying about that: "Terry went for the bucks and I went for the ducks". To top it all off he holds a 4 year degree in Physical Education and a Masters Degree in Education. He is more qualified to teach kids than the ones who educate my Grand children. The man took what he loved, added alot of hard work and turned it into a thriving business. I have nothing but great admiration this man.

Big_Holla
12-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah there is always a little more history to people than most know. We really enjoy the show as a family. Some if not most seems staged but at the same time you can't help but enjoy the ride they take you on. Always a moral to the story and always a good message in the end.

MICH
12-15-2012, 03:02 PM
i think Phil R. played a few yrs in the NFL...he bought a bunch of land down there for like $30 an ac. all swamp land, i do like them.....

packerfan1094
12-15-2012, 03:51 PM
I really enjoy the show. My favorite is uncle si. That guy is nuts.

Seeker Bp
12-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I too enjoy that group and there family! Its about the only show that we watch as a family and enjoy. Phil being my favorite because he comes straight across with what he has to say. And Si just cracks us up! great information radical! appreciate you sharing.

Bushman
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I also enjoy the show. I must admit when i first saw the origional duck commander shows a few years ago they seemed pretty hard core with lots of face paint and lots of dead ducks falling everywhere and hardly no story lines. Duck dynasty had sure changed my way of thinking about them. They all seem pretty smart, just alittle crazy, as im sure some is staged, lol.