PDA

View Full Version : its about that time again ....

RackCityOutdoors
12-11-2012, 11:16 PM
its december ... the rut has ben hard and i think the winter is gonna be even harder on the deer heard .. i have been hearing of alot of people say the deer have started to hit mineral sites again ...i have also seen the old sites being pawed ...with that being said i am gonna start putting out mineral this weekend and run it till Sept of next year ...now i don't know what all of you guys use ..but im telling you now ...for the best bang for your buck ...it would have to be invite extreme wildlife systems FAT RAX MINERAL MIX ...IM NOT JUST SAYING THIS BECAUSE OF SPONSORSHIP REASONS IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE THIS PRODUCTS WORKS ...AND ITS A PRICE THAT THE AVERAGE HUNTER CAN AFFORD TO PUT OUT AND KEEP SITES FRESH WITH EACH BAG LASTING FROM 30-90 DAYS ...ITS DEFIANTLY SOMETHING THAT I WILL CONTINUE TO PUT OUT BECAUSE THE DEER LOVE IT .. CHECK OUT THE QUICK VIDEOS AND PICTURES ...LATER ON IN THE SUMMER WE WILL BE GIVING AWAY A BAG OF FATRAX ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqdkGlIFJw

RackCityOutdoors
12-11-2012, 11:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrdR1O1J-g

mrbb
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
well to be honest, so far its been an easy winter here, SO FAR
winter really didn't start yet so??

but deer here had a easy last winter, a easy spring, and tons of acorns this fall
so unless we get a LOT of snow
here things should be OK , and even good
gun season wasn't as heavlily hunted as yrs in the past
and every butcher shop I know of is WAY down, on deer brought in, like 50% plus off of last yr
so either numbers are just that low, or a lot of deer didn't get killed here as normal yrs!

so I hoping its a easy winter again

RackCityOutdoors
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I JUST HAVE A FEELING ITS GONNA GET BAD HERE SOON ....BIG SNOW OR SOMETHING ...EITHER WAY JUST GETTING THE MINERAL OUT!!!

Bushman
12-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Dude u must work for Fat Rax, lol.

RackCityOutdoors
12-12-2012, 12:45 AM
No i just love this stuff ...the deer tear the sites up so fast ...and builds antler ...great way to monitor bucks in the summer time as they are growing ...i have pics of deer using them for a hour at a time ...i have used alot of diff stuff over the past 5 years (and yes the big names ) but Fat Rax invites them in like no other ...JUST MY OPINION

mrbb
12-12-2012, 12:56 AM
to be honest, legally here I cannot till after deer season,
but I do know there are home made mineral mixes that work great and are a LOT cheaper than that stuff too
NOT bashing, just saying with a little effort you can make up a couple hundred lbs of a mineral mix for a LOT less
than buying pre mixed brand name stuff
and if you get deep snow, odds are deer won't go to them, or never do here in my snow belt area
so could be wasting money if big sow falls come
here they don't normally get hit till about late march
even if I place them out in end of Jan they just get by passed, with them looking for food over minerals
just what I noticed any how!

wilrose85
12-12-2012, 04:00 AM
The best part of december is going home to the place where you have grown, doing the things you usaully do with your friends and families, and of course the winter hunting!

blackbeard
12-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I may have to try that mineral, where can you get it?

RackCityOutdoors
12-13-2012, 02:22 AM
http://www.invitefoodplots.com/
if you do decide to buy tell them that RCO sent ya ...they are extremely fair on prices for a excellent product !!!! idk if you do food plots but if u do ...invite has some of the highest germination rates on the market ..all plot seed blends establish quick and grow big and most mature in 60-80 days 966096619662
Invite Radish,

Invite Purple Top Turnip,

Extreme Perennial Plot(2 diff clover seeds, chicory ,alfalfa) great for putting the bone on in the summer extremely high in protein up to 44%