PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for deer meat?

JeepGirl
12-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Is there a section on recipies? I was looking for a sasuage recipe or something to add to ground deer to make it taste good and just fry a pattie up in the skillet. I have a great summer sasuage log recipe that I could add to the collection.
Thanks for your help Sherry

Big_Holla
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Good idea on a new section. Most often people just throw it out there in the non hunting section but it quickly gets lost.

As for adding something to burger, try adding an egg, some bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix and maybe some ketchup or bbq sauce. Can make burgers, meatballs, meatloaf doing just this.

Seeker Bp
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Here is my all time Favorite;; Take your venison backstrap and cut it into 2 inch rounds. Soak the rounds in Virgin Olive oil for a short period. Firmly wrap entire round in a good smoked bacon. Pin together with toothpicks. Season with a good amount of black Pepper and Garlic Pepper. Dont season with salt until they are about done because salt will dry out the meat. Wrap the rounds in two layers of reynolds wrap and put them on the grill on low. They will not cook super fast, so check them until your happy with the inner color. Just Heavenly!! LOL I like the idea of a recipe Thread, cause I like to Eat!

JeepGirl
12-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Here is my

Deer Summer Sasuage Recipe

5 lbs ground deer
3 lbs ground beef lean
2 cups water
6 tbsp quick salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp liquid smoke
4 tbsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
4 tbsp crushed red pepper

Mix all together , seal in tight container. Leave in fridge over night. Remove next day ,mix again and make into logs. Wait 1 hour bake 150-200 degrees for up to 4 hours depending on how thick you make the logs. Bake on cookie racks with cookie sheet under turn logs over when 1/2 done. If you want a little spicer add more cayenne pepper ,hot sauce,red peppers. you can mix and freeze to make into logs all year long. I take a ball of meat about 1/2 lb to 1 lb then squeeze long & put in a peice of wax or parchmonte paper then roll out to desired length and thickness usually cracker size. then place on cookie rack. If you wet your hands deer meat doesn't stick to your hands as much.4

Whitetail Freak
01-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Is there a section on recipies? I was looking for a sasuage recipe or something to add to ground deer to make it taste good and just fry a pattie up in the skillet. I have a great summer sasuage log recipe that I could add to the collection.
Thanks for your help Sherry

i agree id like to see this thread