PDA

View Full Version : Razor ring broadhead

KaBar2336
12-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Has anyone used these? Can't find much online

http://youtu.be/Cdi6zZNYMWY

ghunter
12-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I have seen these. I'm willing to bet that ring will shatter when it hits bone.

KaBar2336
12-06-2012, 12:22 PM
I have seen these. I'm willing to bet that ring will shatter when it hits bone.

That's what I was thinking but thought I would ask and see if anyone has had any luck. Looks like it would be a serious wound channel

BowGuy2
12-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Good old fashion muzzy 100s always have done the trick for me so I don't buy into all the high dollar crazy broad heads

tim1676
12-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Good old fashion muzzy 100s always have done the trick for me so I don't buy into all the high dollar crazy broad heads

X2........

KaBar2336
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I have decided to not try it haha Im going to go with the Grim Reapers

Big_Holla
12-08-2012, 08:12 AM
There are so many brands out there many good and some not so good, so don't go with a no-name brand. Do a little research and find the pro's and con's of each. A fixed blade head is always a good choice since there is no real chance of failure to start cutting on impact. However, the trade off can be wind planing where the broadhead steers the arrow and you can have different impact from your field tips. That is mostly caused by a bow that doesn't have the rest, limbs, etc. tuned just right. You can still have it happen with a well tuned bow. The mechanical head, such as the Grim Reapers, are much more reliable when it comes to accuracy but the trade off can be a failure somewhere along the line because it is a mechanical device. Blades not opening, blades breaking, blades opening during flight, etc. are all things that CAN happen with a mechanical broadhead. Some things to think about. Like I said, stick with a proven head and weigh out everything. BTW the Grim Reapers are one of those proven heads over the years, pro's and con's exist with every brand/model.

KaBar2336
12-08-2012, 01:51 PM
There are so many brands out there many good and some not so good, so don't go with a no-name brand. Do a little research and find the pro's and con's of each. A fixed blade head is always a good choice since there is no real chance of failure to start cutting on impact. However, the trade off can be wind planing where the broadhead steers the arrow and you can have different impact from your field tips. That is mostly caused by a bow that doesn't have the rest, limbs, etc. tuned just right. You can still have it happen with a well tuned bow. The mechanical head, such as the Grim Reapers, are much more reliable when it comes to accuracy but the trade off can be a failure somewhere along the line because it is a mechanical device. Blades not opening, blades breaking, blades opening during flight, etc. are all things that CAN happen with a mechanical broadhead. Some things to think about. Like I said, stick with a proven head and weigh out everything. BTW the Grim Reapers are one of those proven heads over the years, pro's and con's exist with every brand/model.

Thats what I have been finding. I want to start out right so Im doing my reserch on everything Im looking at. As far as the Grim Reapers go I have a few friends who swear by them. I have read many reviews and watched a few video reviews on youtube of actual users(i dont like to listen to the Pro hunters who get paid to say "These things are awesome!!!") haha

Lord ToneKing
12-10-2012, 09:10 PM
There are so many brands out there many good and some not so good, so don't go with a no-name brand. Do a little research and find the pro's and con's of each. A fixed blade head is always a good choice since there is no real chance of failure to start cutting on impact. However, the trade off can be wind planing where the broadhead steers the arrow and you can have different impact from your field tips. That is mostly caused by a bow that doesn't have the rest, limbs, etc. tuned just right. You can still have it happen with a well tuned bow. The mechanical head, such as the Grim Reapers, are much more reliable when it comes to accuracy but the trade off can be a failure somewhere along the line because it is a mechanical device. Blades not opening, blades breaking, blades opening during flight, etc. are all things that CAN happen with a mechanical broadhead. Some things to think about. Like I said, stick with a proven head and weigh out everything. BTW the Grim Reapers are one of those proven heads over the years, pro's and con's exist with every brand/model.I've always used a fixed blade myself. I just cannot allow a failing broadhead be the cause of me not killing (or possibly wounding) a trophy buck I am hunting. We all know that opportunities dont happen that often on a real 'trophy'. We sit for hours, then next thing you know its weeks...then months. All just for that 'magical' moment. If I had a broadhead that failed during this time I'd be beating myself up for a long long time.

KaBar2336
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
I've always used a fixed blade myself. I just cannot allow a failing broadhead be the cause of me not killing (or possibly wounding) a trophy buck I am hunting. We all know that opportunities dont happen that often on a real 'trophy'. We sit for hours, then next thing you know its weeks...then months. All just for that 'magical' moment. If I had a broadhead that failed during this time I'd be beating myself up for a long long time.

^That is exactly my concern. But I cant go without giving them a try. I have herd only good things. Not one person I have talked to about them has had a blade open mid flight or a blade not open on impact.

Lord ToneKing
12-11-2012, 06:48 PM
^That is exactly my concern. But I cant go without giving them a try. I have herd only good things. Not one person I have talked to about them has had a blade open mid flight or a blade not open on impact.My buddy's all use Rage and Grim Reapers with no problems at all. I just like to take away all possibilities of failure...other than a bad shot that I might put on one. But hey, that's I'm flingging arrows everyday in my backyard, so that hopefully doesnt happen. Plus I get 6 Muzzy's and they only get 3 of their brand ;-)

Btw KaBar I just noticed you live in Ellet, I do too

KaBar2336
12-13-2012, 11:30 AM
My buddy's all use Rage and Grim Reapers with no problems at all. I just like to take away all possibilities of failure...other than a bad shot that I might put on one. But hey, that's I'm flingging arrows everyday in my backyard, so that hopefully doesnt happen. Plus I get 6 Muzzy's and they only get 3 of their brand ;-)

Btw KaBar I just noticed you live in Ellet, I do too

Yeah I get what your saying. Less chances for failure = more chances of success.

Yeah I do. You have probubly seen me around. Red chevy. Two flags flying. USMCFLAG and Don't Tread On Me

MQ1
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I have had super results from the G5 T3's Taken two bucks with them and both have crashed in site and hearing of me. They both was completely open going in and coming out ,1.5 inch cutting diameter , They open differently from others is why i prefer them Plus 100% steel , this years buck i busted ribs on both sides and no damage to the head , due to all steel construction. I do believe in this head. Of course bow hunting is a game of inches and the shot placement has the most to do with a quick kill no matter which head you sport.