PDA

View Full Version : Gun Hunter Ends My 3 year Quest Of an Ohio Giant!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
11-29-2012, 02:15 AM
I don't have the details yet or any pictures. All I know is my buddy saw a picture from a friend of a neighboring land owner that told him he shot this buck out of my tree stand on Tuesday morning at 10 AM. We don't really restrict each other from coming onto one anothers property but I have never even considered sitting in one of his stands. I will find out the story and hopefully get some pics. This deer easily grosses over 200". The more I think about it the madder I get by the minute. I figured out this buck's winter pattern after last season and I was really thinking I would get an arrow in him between gun season and muzzle loader season. Next year there will be no trespassing by anyone unless I say so!!!!!

packerfan1094
11-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Yeah that blows. Unspoken rule on the private land I hunt: stay outta my stand, I stay outta yours. And if I catch you in my ladder stands I'll take it down with you still in it.

whodey1966
11-29-2012, 06:11 AM
That Stinks!

Seeker Bp
11-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Head up! Get back at it. That sucks, but thats hunting... As far as the sitting in your stand, thats between you and him...by your comments, it sounds like you had no rules on you each spending time on each others property. So thats a tough one. I personally would never use someones stand unless it was worked out between the 2 of us. I would be to worried about someone coming in to use it while I was in it and screw up my hunt. All you really can do Man is get back at hunting and put your time in. Wish you the best!!

deerguy10
11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Sorry to hear that! that's a tough one to swallow, that's for sure...

Bushman
11-29-2012, 03:35 PM
That does suck i can only imagine how u feel. We own small acreages, like the neighboring properties, and kind of dont enforce property lines as well.

MICH
11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
that real stinks, but i would love to see a PIC or PICS,...if its not to painful

mrbb
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
that really sucks, and a lot of balls to hunt out of your stand if you ask me
one thing to allow access to each other recover deer and take a look about , but to use your stands??
I would be pissed I think too, makes you wonder how many other times he used them when you were saving them for better winds or???

and look forward to a pic and the story when you get it!

radicalxl
11-30-2012, 06:16 AM
Must be the way we do it in Tusc. Co. All the neighbors here used each others stands, we grew up together. Mostly you are glad when one of your neighbors gets a nice deer, but human nature makes you be a little resentful. Here's the way I look at it, better a friend and neighbor than an out of town tresspasser.

Big_Holla
11-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Must be the way we do it in Tusc. Co. All the neighbors here used each others stands, we grew up together. Mostly you are glad when one of your neighbors gets a nice deer, but human nature makes you be a little resentful. Here's the way I look at it, better a friend and neighbor than an out of town tresspasser.

That about summed it up!!

If no 'code' of not using each others' stands was already in place maybe it would be a good time to do some talking. Hopefully he will understand how much effort you put into trying to hunt with a bow and how hard it is for you. You don't want to go and upset the apple cart and start demanding though, two things will happen. One, you will burn the bridge of ever walking on their property again. Two, you may need each other one day....help with a deer, car broke down, suspicious people checking out yours or his place, etc. and it could cause each other to care less about the neighbor. That's what's wrong with this country.

ManOfTheFall
12-01-2012, 02:20 AM
That about summed it up!!

If no 'code' of not using each others' stands was already in place maybe it would be a good time to do some talking. Hopefully he will understand how much effort you put into trying to hunt with a bow and how hard it is for you. You don't want to go and upset the apple cart and start demanding though, two things will happen. One, you will burn the bridge of ever walking on their property again. Two, you may need each other one day....help with a deer, car broke down, suspicious people checking out yours or his place, etc. and it could cause each other to care less about the neighbor. That's what's wrong with this country.

Absolutely right. I also have a little more info and I was probaly told wrong in the first place. Here is what I know so far. I may have jumped the "gun" a little, lol. You all know how stories can spread when someone shoots a big buck. Well I have pics sent from the neighbor to my phone and I have the green score of the buck as well. It green scores at 190 3/8" non-typical. Definitely a true beast of a buck. However, even though I have seen this buck on my property and he was definitely on my hit list it is not the big one I thought it was. Until I get the full story from my neighbor this weekend I am going to refrain from posting any pics cause I don't want him to get any bad publicity if he did it right. Pics will be coming soon. I have breathed a little sigh of relief!!!!!

blackbeard
12-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I gotta say that if I had a 200" buck living in the vicinity of one of my treestands the neighbors would by all means know they don't hunt my stands. There would be no unwritten rule, I would tell them and remind them. Sorry to hear about the buck but if your neighbors can hunt your land then you knew there was a chance.....just saying.

Dsump
12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Sucks and I feel your pain. I just accept the fact that there is a lot of pressure during gun and if I want a particular deer I have to get it during bow season. All of us share our stands which gives us more opportunity which helps when the wind isn't just right. I can not let a buck grow since I know it will be killed during gun week. Ive tried a couple times and end up seeing the buck in the back of somebody's truck. It's heartbreaking but reality. I own property in PA and I can't keep people off. Since I don't live there it's even harder.