PDA

View Full Version : 2012/2013 BHO Winter Campout...Who is Attending?

Seeker Bp
11-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Its time to start thinking about the Winter Campout/ Hunt at Delaware State Park this season. Redneck Ross has been in the middle of a move and has not had internet access, so I am working with him to get the ball rolling. What we are looking for is an actual headcount of people that are staying for the weekend, and also who is going to just visit. It will be on the weekend of Feb 2 and Feb 3rd, 2013. Once we get an approximate head count of the ones staying to camp, we can judge how many spots we are going to need. As always we hope you can make it out to socialize and maybe kill a deer. Many friendships have been made at this funtion, and we would like to see it continue. Things did not go very well for the summer camp as far as attendance, and we ended up just doing some 3D shooting for a day at Buckeye. I hope the outcome for this Winter Festival is not the same. Please take time out of your busy schedules and plan on spending some fun time sitting around the fire and swapping some good ole stories, and maybe get some hunting in too! :) Hope to see you in camp! As the time draws closer, we will work on the food and equipment list, as for now we are looking for the definate attendees! Thanks

Seeker Bp
11-28-2012, 05:33 AM
For anyone interested, I will be heading down on Friday Feb 1 to start setting up for the weekend. So if anyone wants to get away an extra day for hunting, Friday will be an option.

bludyarrows
12-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Glad to see this post....Ive been lookng forward to this one.I've been down there several times this past summer camping and afew times hunting with the bow and i always reminds me of the campout. The coons are still tuff too....they don't wait till dark to start theivin.I had so much fun last year i was there 3 days but really only remember 2 and a blurrr.I am in on this one for sure.I will also come down early to get set up and hunt.Till then :cheers2:....

Seeker Bp
12-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Sweet. Glad to hear your attending Bludy. looking forward to it myself!

bigcountry
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
seeker i will come down friday too..already scheduled the vacation :))) cant wait to see some new faces and see the rest of yall

bludyarrows
12-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Wow....kinda odd that with only about 5 weeks to go more guys haven't posted on this. Hey Seeker is Ross in?

Seeker Bp
12-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I sure hope so, will have to send him a text and see whats up....Frasca will be there for sure, and I am sure it will get rolling soon. Hey, whoever shows, its always a good time. Its a weekend of outdoors and eating and Hunting.

Seeker Bp
12-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey Bludy, dropped a text to Ross...He is in!! Thinks he will have internet access soon, so we may be seeing him back on BHO soon. I too would like to see some of the others partake in this camping festival. Should be some serious grub going on !!

bludyarrows
12-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Awsome...its a blast down there. Last year we had great weather..well just a bit of mud...but heck as long as ya could stay up-right it was no big deal. Whats work look like for ya that time of the year...can ya get time off fairly easy. I'm now thinking on trying to get there on Thurs. as early as I can to get some hunting in before the fun starts.

mrbb
12-20-2012, 01:07 AM
well I know I won't be making it again, the budget just isn't there !
but I wish you all a great time, and good weather
and I do look forward to hearing about the good times!

Mike F
12-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Your right Bludy, as long as you stayed in an upright position, the mud was no big deal.
That being said, their might have been an individual that didn't stay upright, and got muddy.
If this should happen to anybody, just know that we will take pictures, and hold them over your head for quite some time. lol

Seeker Bp
12-20-2012, 06:34 AM
Well right now we are swamped with work, but as far as getting there on Thursday, that is not a problem. just keep in touch as it gets closer. Will plan on getting there Thursday morning as of now! Im really hoping Big Holla is going to make it this year. He says its on the calendar!

bludyarrows
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Your right Bludy, as long as you stayed in an upright position, the mud was no big deal.
That being said, their might have been an individual that didn't stay upright, and got muddy.
If this should happen to anybody, just know that we will take pictures, and hold them over your head for quite some time. lol

LOL...... "I found him" ....too funnie.

buckstalker17
12-23-2012, 06:06 PM
you know I'm in just dont know if ill be hunting though my house was broken into about 3 weeks ago they got all the hunting gear fishing gear they left me 1 old pair of camo pants got the new bow, tree stand blind ,you name it they got it i got the bow replaced with a new bow tech insanity so ill see if i can come up with some gear or ill just keep a watchful eye on the coolers while your all out lol

bigcountry
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
i didnt get there last year but the year before there was some delicious grubb exspecially currans balls mmm mmm mmm...cant wait but with this week off i can finally get out in the woods seems like forever since ive had time to get out in the stand...missed all rut activity

Curran
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Good to see the tradition is still carrying on.

Way too much fun is had at these events. I would caution anybody thinking about attending that you need to come hungry and thirsty.

Big_Holla
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Good to see the tradition is still carrying on.

Way too much fun is had at these events. I would caution anybody thinking about attending that you need to come hungry and thirsty.

Hmm.....well....I am always hungry.....and I do get thirsty now and then......It's been waaaay too long that I have missed one of these so I am in!!

Seeker Bp
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Sweet!! Hey Curran, are you and your gooseballs going to be there? I have to believe there is going to be some good story telling going on this year..

Mike F
01-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Story telling????? I've been to a few of these campouts, and listened to the "storys" LOL. More like lie telling.

longdraw
01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Story telling????? I've been to a few of these campouts, and listened to the "storys" LOL. More like lie telling.

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!

I wanna see the Ross trophy pic from last winter campout!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Whitetail Freak
01-02-2013, 08:19 PM
id like to attend but idk if ill be able to have a sitter for the kids count me in a maybe as of now and as time nears ill give ya a defenate if thats ok? sounds like a heck of a good time like to meet sum new ppl , took seeker hunting last wk i believe we had a good time was fun cant wait to do it again bud hope i can make it

Seeker Bp
01-03-2013, 06:38 AM
I too would like to see the Ross trophy pics again. Always talked about, but never shown.. So unfortunate, such great photograghy hidden away and never seen.. lmao

Curran
01-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Ross has the only physical evidence of any supposed pictures. No digital negatives exist. (wink, wink)

bigcountry
01-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Mike theres no such things lies when it comes to the outdoors...its either a good story or just an alright story and maybe someone can top that one haha

Mike F
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Mike theres no such things lies when it comes to the outdoors...its either a good story or just an alright story and maybe someone can top that one haha

Don't ever let the truth get in the way, of a good story

blackbeard
01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm in, I will be there Friday afternoon and stay Friday night.

blackbeard
01-04-2013, 09:01 AM
So how many does that makes us Seeker?

Seeker Bp
01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Looks Like So far:
Blackbeard
Seeker BP
Mike F
Big Holla
Redneck Ross
Bludy Arrows
Big Country
Curran?

Maybe List:
Whitetail Freak
Buckstalker17
The Reezen

blackbeard
01-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Nice, looks like a good turnout. Anybody hear from 4Arms lately? Hopefully he'll stop by. Since Curran is coming to eat he better bring those goose balls.

Seeker Bp
01-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Have not seen or heard from 4arms in a while Blackbeard, not sure. Should be a great turnout this year.

redneckross
01-06-2013, 07:51 PM
ok im back. duck season has just about closed. we have a few days of goose killin left but im starting to think deer again. the move duck season and having 2 jobs in the fall sucks.

i will be there.

Seeker Bp
01-12-2013, 07:40 AM
OK, just to keep things updated a little.....Time is getting closer for the Winter Camp. Updated the list of members that are going, and the Maybe list. It is being held at Deleware State Park off of State Route 23, North of Columbus, and just south of Marion. Working on trying to get the lot numbers, not that this will matter, you will be able to find us. Follow the campground road to the back!! Going to bring some fire wood, a propane burner and a giant cast iron skillet. Redneck Ross will be bringing his grill. Dont forget your sleeping gear and tent! Also reccommend you bring Tums and Advil....lol Bring a chair for sure... or just keep drinking, and let the ground be your friend. Really looking forward to seeing you guys!! The deer are plentiful in the park, so come ready to hunt, or just come down to relax...

Whitetail Freak
01-13-2013, 02:53 PM
seeker so your saying i have a good chance to fill my tag ba4 end of season down there rite? lol can i get a guarantee in writing buddy lol messin with ya man , how ya been ?

Mike F
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
If you can't kill one down there, then I'll buy ya a drink....Hell i'll buy ya drink either way.

THEREEZEN
01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Ok as of now count me in as long as i can keep work off my back il be there friday night.

Buckeye360
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
I just built a house a mile away from that park. I will stop by for some beers if nothing else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Whitetail Freak
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
If you can't kill one down there, then I'll buy ya a drink....Hell i'll buy ya drink either way.
Ill hold ya to that mike lol , ill even let ya walk me to ur best stand down there and ill sit it lol

Whitetail Freak
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
are there any xtra permits needed to hunt Delaware state park? or just my oh lic n deer tags?

Big_Holla
01-15-2013, 08:30 AM
WF everything I've been told it's just your Ohio tag.

Trying to get my final plans together for coming down. Talked my buddy Ed into coming as well so we want to get an idea of who will be there when?? We are planning on spending a good part of Saturday down at the farm placing minerals and doing a little shed hunting/scouting, then return for the evening's festivities. Just need to decide if we are stopping in at the park on the way down Friday evening and start out Sat. morning to do that or just head all the way down Friday evening.

Who will be there, when and how long you staying??

Seeker Bp
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Thurs to Sunday For me Big! see you when ever you get in. Bring an appetite!

Whitetail Freak
01-15-2013, 01:04 PM
if i can make it and its looking better as each day passes id like to be there fri afternoon but fri eve for sure and ill be there till sun

Whitetail Freak
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
big_holla ......copy that good buddy ty

Mike F
01-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Should be there friday evening, gotta help the wife for awhile in the winery, then head over. Should be there just in time for some goose balls on the grill.

Gotta buy WF a drink when I get there. Sure hope he doesn't do a Ross, being a newbie and all...lol

Should be there till sunday am

redneckross
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
ill be there. and mike just keep that sunny d away from me.

Seeker Bp
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
LMAO...This is really shaping up nicely....I cant wait.... Ross.........Hint Hint :) It wasn't the Sunny D!!!! Looking at Having the Chicken and Dumplings, and large batch of Bean Soup...two of my specialties. Deer brats and other tasty treats.... Really would like a nice backstrap to bring down for a bacon wrapped evening snack!! been working on that !! Its been slow hunting!!

Mike F
01-15-2013, 06:52 PM
I'll bring a bunch of bacon, eggs, taters, breakfast sausage, and whatever else I can think of.

Whitetail Freak
01-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Should be there friday evening, gotta help the wife for awhile in the winery, then head over. Should be there just in time for some goose balls on the grill.

Gotta buy WF a drink when I get there. Sure hope he doesn't do a Ross, being a newbie and all...lol

Should be there till sunday am

ok ok Mike ya gotta fill me in on the whole Ross thing ?

Whitetail Freak
01-15-2013, 09:33 PM
what do yall need me to bring for food ?

Mike F
01-16-2013, 04:56 AM
ok ok Mike ya gotta fill me in on the whole Ross thing ?

We'll let Ross tell his story, but maybe we'll fill in the parts he can't remember.

Whitetail Freak
01-16-2013, 09:59 AM
We'll let Ross tell his story, but maybe we'll fill in the parts he can't remember.

Ross ok buddy ya gotta fill the newbie in come on man

longdraw
01-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Ross ok buddy ya gotta fill the newbie in come on man

Don't be the 1st too pass out!!!!!!!!!!

Whitetail Freak
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM

lol gotcha

Big_Holla
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM

Yeah, did Ross ever get that tattoo of the monkeys F@#$!%& a football covered up?!?!

Mike F
01-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, did Ross ever get that tattoo of the monkeys F@#$!%& a football covered up?!?!

Since he hasn't replied, I'm assuming not.

THEREEZEN
01-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Im for sure in il be in friday evening til sunday. Let me know seeker what you want me to bring I sensed some excitment from you the other day texting lol lol lol Tony from the 3d shoot might be tagging along also just let me know what you need il bring anything.

Seeker Bp
01-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Just a quick update... Entrance to Deleware State Park is off of State Route 23. Follow into park until road turns into a Y. Stay left and follow camping signs. Go through the campground check in building and follow road around until you come to the Bathroom building and bear left. Site # 95 and #94. Will start with two, and if we need more sites, it will be no problem in Feb! Any questions PM me for my Cell number!! If your wanting to know what to bring, Bring Food!! LMAO, and Aspirin! Breakfast stuff, Hamburgers, Brats....If your coming down Thurs, bring T-Bones....lol

blackbeard
01-19-2013, 07:21 PM
I'll be there Friday at about 3-4 PM. I plan on staying Friday night and leaving after lunch on Saturday. Last year I got there Saturday and missed alot of people so I'm doing Friday night this year. Can't wait. See you all then.

Whitetail Freak
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
ill b ther fri nite as well idk what time really ill send ya a txt with an apx time as it gets closer lol ill bring sum pop n chips and whatnot lol , Seeker i wont let ya go hungry lol

redneckross
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
freak... dont sleep in mud puddles in february. but if you do have no fear your friends can pick you up and put you in your tent. how they got all 6'3" 300 lbs of my ass in that tent ill never know. ok they didnt get all of me in there there was a foot or so left hanging out the door.

Seeker Bp
01-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Hahahaaaah!! Definately wasnt an easy task!! Cant say I have ever seen someone so comfortable in a giant mud puddle like that. And a bigger tent would make it easier to carry you into it...lmao!

Big_Holla
01-22-2013, 08:18 AM
freak... dont sleep in mud puddles in february. but if you do have no fear your friends can pick you up and put you in your tent. how they got all 6'3" 300 lbs of my ass in that tent ill never know. ok they didnt get all of me in there there was a foot or so left hanging out the door.

Hahahaaaah!! Definately wasnt an easy task!! Cant say I have ever seen someone so comfortable in a giant mud puddle like that. And a bigger tent would make it easier to carry you into it...lmao!

Ha! Yeah Ross, that feeling ever come back in your feet??

As for me I am bringing my buddy Ed down as well. We will be there Friday evening sometime. Our plan for Saturday is to head down to the farm late morning to put out some mineral and corn and then be back late afternoon/early evening for the festivities. Need to figure out what to bring.....any ideas fella's? Been a couple years since I had to worry about it but I think I brought a big pot of chili and can do so again. That reminds me.....what kind of toilet facilities are there?!?!?! :9898:

Seeker Bp
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Well Chuck, you can never go wrong with Chili.......works with me, and I am sure everyone else will enjoy it too! As far as Bathrooms, we are a short walking distance from a pretty nice heated, running water, flushable toilet. At least it has been last couple seasons. Will be looking for you guys on fri, see you when you get in!

Big_Holla
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Heated......damn, guess you'll know where I'll be sleeping if it get's too chilly!! LMAO!!

Whitetail Freak
01-22-2013, 04:55 PM
lmao thats funny right there wow id have liked to see all that i dont suspose there is a video of that sumewhere lol

longdraw
01-22-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll be in Friday,I get off work around noon...I am gonna bring some traps too,those coons are not gonna destroy my stuff this year

Seeker Bp
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Good to hear Longdraw....See you Friday when you roll in!!

radicalxl
01-25-2013, 06:05 AM
I may take a ride over on Sat. morn like I usually do. Just depends. I'll bring some of those great donuts I brought last year if I do.

Seeker Bp
01-25-2013, 06:33 AM
Looking forward to seeing you Radical!!! and the donuts too...lol

Stonegod
01-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I've always wanted to go to a winter campout, the summer one was fun a few years ago. But I've told myself that I wouldn't attend a winter campout until I tag something.....so at rate I'm going.....mark me down for the 2016 winter campout......just to be safe.....make that 2017.LOL Though it would be nice to meet big_holla and Blackbeard since they weren't at the summer one I attended. And now that I see that Chris is coming on Sat......it'd be really great to see/talk him......guess we'll just have to keep our talks to the occasional phone calls.

Seeker Bp
01-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Stonegod......Dont let anything like that keep you from having a good time....Thats what its all about. Getting a group together that have a common bond.........Drinking.....lol Just kidding! Hunting (every kind of hunting) with guns even, fishing, trapping and best of all......bullshooting!! An abundance of food, and we are talking great grub. And the making of some really good friends. So dont let NO whitetail stop your fun! Come on Down!

blackbeard
01-28-2013, 06:04 PM
So it looks like we have the following arrivals:

Blackbeard- Fri
Seeker BP- Fri
Mike F- Fri
Big Holla- Fri
Redneck Ross- Fri
Bludy Arrows- ?
Big Country- ?
Curran?- Fri
Buckeye360- Fri
Whitetail Freak- Fri
Longdraw- Fri
Radical- Sat AM
TheReezen- Fri

Mike F
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm a maybe friday. If I am, it will be late. Seems like everyone has decided to hit Bokes Creek winery this friday night. A jewlery party, a birthday party, and the group playing always brings a good crowd. But if I don't make it friday night, then I'll have breakfast cooking when you bums climb outa bed.

Seeker Bp
01-29-2013, 06:30 AM
That seems to be the group Blackbeard, plus add a few guest onto that list.....I know Chuck will be bringing a buddy, and Doug also. Should be a great weekend. I am thinking friday night can be a hamburger, hotdog, and Brat night since everyone will be filtering in and setting up. Frasca will have a great Sat morning breakfast, and Sat night we will cook up some killer grub. Still working on getting some fresh venison for the grill, it was a nice sit last night but nothing moving. Redneck is bringing his grill, I have a deep fryer and burner, and I have frascas easy up shelter. I cut a bunch of wood yesterday, and have a few targets to bring along. Any questions, just ask!

Big_Holla
01-29-2013, 08:40 AM
Really looking forward to seeing everyone!! I will have a big pot of chili, crackers, cheese, bowls and spoons! Can warm it up Friday night and eat the rest Saturday if you want.

Seeker Bp
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Sweet, we will be eating good then. Man, I cant wait myself.....Looking like some cold temps, dress warm....

Whitetail Freak
01-29-2013, 04:50 PM
this is gonna be kool i cant wait to see ya'll and make sum new friends? i'll most likely hunt fri eve and sat so heck i might have ya some fresh venison Seeker but way my season going i would count on it lol unless ya wanna tie me 1 to a tree fri morn b4 i get there lol
i'll bring my field points also ya need to me bring another target? i got a field point bag target i can bring if need be ? ill try n snag sum hot dog n hamburger buns also

Curran
01-29-2013, 08:45 PM
The plan for me is to come over Saturday after my son's basketball game. I'm hoping to bring him along to give him a little taste of deer camp. We'll hang out a bit, cook up some goose, then head out to hunt in the afternoon. Look forward to seeing you guys!

blackbeard
01-31-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm a maybe friday. If I am, it will be late. Seems like everyone has decided to hit Bokes Creek winery this friday night. A jewlery party, a birthday party, and the group playing always brings a good crowd. But if I don't make it friday night, then I'll have breakfast cooking when you bums climb outa bed.

You better, I ain't coming to the campout if I don't get Frasca's skillet of eggs, potatoes, and whatever the hell else is laying on the picnic table and in the cooler!

blackbeard
01-31-2013, 07:35 PM
The plan for me is to come over Saturday after my son's basketball game. I'm hoping to bring him along to give him a little taste of deer camp. We'll hang out a bit, cook up some goose, then head out to hunt in the afternoon. Look forward to seeing you guys!

Man, no goose balls on friday night....what a bummer. I'll probably miss you Curran since I'm leaving Saturday after lunch.

longdraw
02-01-2013, 04:39 AM
Hope everyone has plenty of warm clothes and warm sleeping bag,,weather looks like its gonna be nasty

Mike F
02-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Hope everyone has plenty of warm clothes and warm sleeping bag,,weather looks like its gonna be nasty

We wouldn't know what to do if it was a nice weekend.

Whitetail Freak
02-01-2013, 06:53 AM
lookin forward to seeing ya guys today , hope we can get a few deer down this eve?

blackbeard
02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
My plans have changed just a little. I will arrive Saturday around 3 instead of Friday around 3. See you all then.

Mike F
02-01-2013, 06:05 PM
My plans have changed just a little. I will arrive Saturday around 3 instead of Friday around 3. See you all then.

Sweeeet. I hate missing friday night, but sounds like sat is stepping it up to be a party.
We'll have more left overs from sat night to put in the eggs for sunday breakfast.

Griz
02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Wish I was there!

radicalxl
02-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Made it home safe around 5:00. Would like to have stayed a bit longer on Sat. to meet some folks I missed over the last several years, but it was good to see the guys I already know and meet Whitetailfreak, The Reezen and his friend Dan.. Well, maybe next time. Have a good time the rest of the weekend.

Mike F
02-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Well for all of you that didn't make it...There was not enough sleep, great food, to much drinking, and a hell of alot of laughs.
Great to meet the "New Guys". Had a great time as always. Thanks again for the dognuts Chris, they always hit the spot

longdraw
02-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Another fine BHO winter campout nice too see old friends and a few new ones

Seeker Bp
02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Made it home and unpacked...or should I say piled up in my gear room... Ahhh Hot water! Had a kick butt time this year. Dont even know where to start...Donuts from Radical, awesome! Great shooten the breeze with you Radical..Wish I would of spent more time with Curran and his boy....caught me on the way into the woods for a great night of seeing deer and whiffing on opportunity! Man so many names..Mike F, Blackbeard, Longdraw, Big Holla, Redneck Ross, Whitetail Freak, The Reezen, Fallen Timber...Heh Heh heh.......then there was Dan and Ed, my new found friends. and I have to say Garrett F is one tough cookie to troop it out on some cold cold winter weather. I think thats everybody...still a little fuzzy... Oh and a hello to Mark and Jaycee in case you find your way to BHO..local hunters, good meeting you. Looking forward to another get together with everyone. The food was awesome, and beverages were great as long as it wasnt frozen.....Thanks for all the good company!! laughter is the best medicine! Seeker BP

longdraw
02-03-2013, 06:01 PM
Made it home and unpacked...or should I say piled up in my gear room... Ahhh Hot water! Had a kick butt time this year. Dont even know where to start...Donuts from Radical, awesome! Great shooten the breeze with you Radical..Wish I would of spent more time with Curran and his boy....caught me on the way into the woods for a great night of seeing deer and whiffing on opportunity! Man so many names..Mike F, Blackbeard, Longdraw, Big Holla, Redneck Ross, Whitetail Freak, The Reezen, Fallen Timber...Heh Heh heh.......then there was Dan and Ed, my new found friends. and I have to say Garrett F is one tough cookie to troop it out on some cold cold winter weather. I think thats everybody...still a little fuzzy... Oh and a hello to Mark and Jaycee in case you find your way to BHO..local hunters, good meeting you. Looking forward to another get together with everyone. The food was awesome, and beverages were great as long as it wasnt frozen.....Thanks for all the good company!! laughter is the best medicine! Seeker BP

Were's the "LIKE" button for that post

Big_Holla
02-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Boy what a great time fellas! As always it was a much needed weekend, a great reminder of why I joined this site and how hard it has been when I couldn't make it on other occasions. You guys are like family to me and a special thank you goes to SeekerBP for not letting up on me to make it and getting things organized and set up!! So great to see the familiar faces and finally meet several new ones!! Hated to miss RadicalXL, Curran and Caleb but have that to look forward to in the future!! Thanks again everyone for making this another successful BowhuntingOhio campout!!

THEREEZEN
02-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I wanna thank everyone for a great time this weekend me and Danny both had a blast! To meet everybody and do some serious bull shootin was much needed. Ross i could have listened to you and longdraw for days talking about waterfowl.Mike F, Radical xl, Big holla, Blackbeard, whitetail freak, and fallen timbers it was great to meet you guys. Had a awesome hunt and even better grub, Holla i still have heart burn like you would not believe but id still eat another bowl of your chili if you put infront of me! I wont miss another campout thats for sure.This has taken long enough to type lol

Seeker Bp
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
HaHaHa! You crack me up Doug!!! LMAO.... Love the Sig!

Big_Holla
02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Lmao gotta love it Doug! Well I'm glad you liked the chili but hate to hear its torn you up like that! Just have to make sure ya have some Tums or Prilosec on hand next time!! Great memories fellas!

Whitetail Freak
02-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Thank you b.h.o for having this campout it was a heck of a time , great food drinks stories and hunting , ha we would have had a deer down in camp if some one would have shot a fuzzy face thurs ? we wont mention seekers name then he missed the big 1 , i cant talk to bad buddy i blew it and got busted by 9of em sat eve so no worries will get em next year , BIG if offer still stands i'd like to have that chili recipe just pm it to me , it was great meeting every one and i cant wait to do it again , so many names and iam bad with names but yall know who ya are and thank you for making this a camp out i'll never forget , Well if this didnt take me 2 hrs to type i'd type more lol sry doug had tobuddy , btw i like ur signature

Big_Holla
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM
LMAO great post WF! Was great meeting you there!! Will get that recipe up ASAP for ya's btw and some pics soon!!

Curran
02-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Man, I wish we could've came back to camp with a deer in the truck, but bowhunting late season in a ground blind with a 7 year old makes for some tough conditions. I think him & Garrett will have some fun when we get back together Mike. Lol. Caleb had a blast for the few hours we hung out in the afternoon. He wanted to come back and eat more donuts... thanks Radical XL, sorry I missed ya! Glad we got to see Mike F, Blackbeard, Seeker & Ross. I'm sure you guys ate like Vikings & drank like Sailors, that's usually the expectation at the winter campout. Sorry I missed meeting some of other guys too & Chuck it's been waaay too long since we've been able to get together. Longdraw I'll see you sometime soon I'm sure, we've got turkeys to chase in a few months!!

redneckross
02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
great weekend guys. like always it was great seeing old friends and always nice to introduce some new people into the BHO camp family. my breeseway smells of fire since thats where all my gear is hanging and airing out. my mom would be so proud of me. i have a tent set up in my house!!!! great time fellas cant wait to hit up the 3d season this year with some of you.

AND I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE I FOR ONE DID NOT FALL AND/OR SLEEP IN ANYTHING BUT MY TENT IN MY SLEEPING BAG THIS YEAR.

Seeker Bp
02-09-2013, 08:21 AM

#1 Pic: Left to Right...Big Holla, The Reezen, Redneck Ross, and Whitetail Freak.

#2 Pic: Camp Kitchen, and believe me, it gets used..Some good food came from this area!

#3 Pic: Left to Right...Big Hollas good Buddy "ED", Longdraw, The Reezens good Buddy "Dan", Big Holla, The Reezen, Redneck Ross, and Whitetail Freak.

#4 Pic: Camp before the Snow, windblocks definately needed this year!

#5 Pic: Seeker BP up in the Trees! Sporting the New Elite.

Big_Holla
02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Man...was that green grass?!?! Hmmm....who woulda thought?!?! Thought we were on an iceberg or a glacier or something!!

Seeker Bp
02-09-2013, 04:15 PM
LMAO....it was green and muddy when I got there Thursday... Man that was a cold couple days. But couldnt ask for a better time camping. At least no Bugs! LOL

Big_Holla
02-09-2013, 04:22 PM
True-dat!! LOL

Mike F
02-09-2013, 07:24 PM
I know there were more pictures than that.
Seeker was that picture taken before or after you missed the deer?

Seeker Bp
02-09-2013, 09:56 PM
lmao........... Dick....Oh I mean Mike!! That was before and after! lol

Whitetail Freak
02-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Seeker was that picture taken before or after you missed the deer?

lmao now thats funny rite there ,

blackbeard
02-14-2013, 01:58 AM
Yes, great time again. I believe that was my 4th winter camp out and it is always nice to see old friends and meet new guys too. Good food, good stories, and thanks to stick archer who gave me that military sleeping bag 5years ago, man that thing is awesome. See you all this summer.

Whitetail Freak
02-16-2013, 12:30 AM
I cant wait till next winter campout iam already buyin hunting stuff for next season heck went home stocked up on handwarmers and got me a new tree stand and a tent gotta love end of season clearance hunting items saved a lotta money just have to wait till mext season to try it all out lol where did i put them recipets just in case hmmmmmmm lol

Big_Holla
02-24-2013, 11:12 AM
OK, so I finally got off my ass and got some of my pictures uploaded from the campout! Good time to reflect!

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/dsc_0066_1024x683.jpg

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/dsc_0065_1024x683.jpg

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/dsc_0064_1024x683.jpg

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/3/2/6/dsc_0063_1024x683.jpg

Good chili huh Garrett?!?!

Whitetail Freak
02-26-2013, 11:51 PM
I hate to see deer season come to an end but i cant wait till next winter campout doug the reesen dan and i have a good spot in mind for next year hope we can connect next year good timea and good ppl thankyou for a wonderful campout gentelman

Big_Holla
02-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Yep, same here! Been doing a bit of thinking on how you guys did hunting there and I think next season (if I make it :nopity: ) I will certainly be giving it a shot as well.