PDA

View Full Version : wrong hunting spot?

hoopie
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
i have permission to hunt in a bean/corn field that 5 years ago it was an everynight thing to see 30-40 deer in the field. the neighbor built a house really close to the property line and we havnt seen many deer there since. we have been hunting around the corner, about 2 miles away from that field in the woods, we havent hunted that field at all this year and hunted it a couple times last year and saw like 5 deer. we drove by the field this evening and there was like 30 deer in the field.:banghead: it made me excited to see, hoping they are finally getting used to the house after 3 or 4 years. i didnt have my binoculars so i couldnt see if they were bucks or does but there was a ton of them!

BowGuy2
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Sounds like its time to buy a new stand and set it up over there just to cheek it out! Good luck

hoopie
11-20-2012, 10:11 PM
there is already a stand in that field too. its been there for probably 5 years. and i also have my climber, its hard to get a shot at them with a bow in the field because they usually dont come close enough.

deerguy10
11-21-2012, 06:49 AM
Someone on here posted a pretty awesome pic of a round bale blind they made... you should contract him to build you one! that thing was pretty sweet! sounds like it's just what you need too...

PREDATOR
11-21-2012, 08:53 AM
I have seen a commercially built one also advertised on whitetail freaks. Dont remember who makes it.

Mansona13
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Sounds to me hoopie that you need to get a buddy and sit apart over there that way you can both have a shot at smokin one especially this weekend or following gun week :iamwithstupid:

BowGuy2
11-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Do ur homework they have to come pump somewhere they are not always in the field find out where there coming from

hoopie
11-25-2012, 12:35 AM
hunted this field this evening, the neighbor is a member of the orange army, and doesnt bow hunt. well he saw my truck parked up at the road and decided to ride his fourwheeler around right after the first 2 deer came out. scared them away and prevented any more from comming out. im pretty sure there is a law agains interupting a hunters hunt in ohio, am i correct?

ghunter
11-25-2012, 06:26 AM
Yes there is. I suggest taking a video camera with you to get the evidence you need.

Seeker Bp
11-25-2012, 07:09 AM
Thats unfortunate about your hunt, But that is the perils of hunting on property lines. I have hunted a spot for over 20 years, and it would hold plenty of deer. But one day as I am coming in there was a large excavator digging a basement next door, smack in the middle of what used to be prime bedding area. They proceeded to build a half million dollar home. I truly thought my hunting spot was ruined. They ride there ATVs around and of course right on the property lines, but its there property, and I choose to hunt just inside my Line. Well I kept hunting my spot, through the atvs and their barking dogs who must not like staying outside during the day, and on Nov 4rth I smoked my biggest buck to date right on that line. And the deer move through their property, just behind the barking dogs and flow like water right into my spot so sometimes it pays to hunt where its busy. Make the best of a bad situation! Good luck this Season Hoopie!

whodey1966
11-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Thats unfortunate about your hunt, But that is the perils of hunting on property lines. I have hunted a spot for over 20 years, and it would hold plenty of deer. But one day as I am coming in there was a large excavator digging a basement next door, smack in the middle of what used to be prime bedding area. They proceeded to build a half million dollar home. I truly thought my hunting spot was ruined. They ride there ATVs around and of course right on the property lines, but its there property, and I choose to hunt just inside my Line. Well I kept hunting my spot, through the atvs and their barking dogs who must not like staying outside during the day, and on Nov 4rth I smoked my biggest buck to date right on that line. And the deer move through their property, just behind the barking dogs and flow like water right into my spot so sometimes it pays to hunt where its busy. Make the best of a bad situation! Good luck this Season Hoopie!
I hunt only on my place, My stand sites are between two properties that funnel the deer through my property, but I also have neighbors close too that makes it difficult to hunt, but I still get a deer each year. Stay with it you never know!

hoopie
11-25-2012, 08:36 PM
and tonight he rode his fourwheeler around from 330 till dark, do u guys kno the specifics on that law?

whodey1966
11-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Unless their are restrictions in your neighborhood, there is no law, It is his property, so he can ride if he wants. I feel for you, I have to put up with the same crap from time to time next to me!

Stonegod
11-26-2012, 09:05 AM
and tonight he rode his fourwheeler around from 330 till dark, do u guys kno the specifics on that law?

There are indeed laws against that!!! The Ohio hunter harassment laws, officially known as Ohio revised code section 1533.03 and 1522.031 prohibit anyone including neighbors on their own property from intentionally interfering with you while you're hunting on neighboring property. It's not always easy to prove but if you atleast attempt to have it enforced your neighbors will know that what they are doing is illegal and the threat of a possible fine might be enough to stop them. Many people believe that they can do whatever they please as long as it's on their property.....they are wrong... so I would atleast enlighten them to the facts/laws! Just the sight of a law enforcement agent out there,I'll bet would be enough to put a stop to it.

ghunter
11-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Read this it may help http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/1533.031

ghunter
11-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Dang it stonegod. You beat me to it

Stonegod
11-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Dang it stonegod. You beat me to it

LMAO!!...Just barely!!!!.....I'll let you have the next one over on our predator site!LOL......great minds think alike buddy!!!!

ghunter
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Hey as long we work for the greater good right? ;)

whodey1966
11-26-2012, 10:53 AM
There are indeed laws against that!!! The Ohio hunter harassment laws, officially known as Ohio revised code section 1533.03 and 1522.031 prohibit anyone including neighbors on their own property from intentionally interfering with you while you're hunting on neighboring property. It's not always easy to prove but if you atleast attempt to have it enforced your neighbors will know that what they are doing is illegal and the threat of a possible fine might be enough to stop them. Many people believe that they can do whatever they please as long as it's on their property.....they are wrong... so I would atleast enlighten them to the facts/laws! Just the sight of a law enforcement agent out there,I'll bet would be enough to put a stop to it.
Wow! That is a new one on me! Thanks for the info Stonegod!

Stonegod
11-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Wow! That is a new one on me! Thanks for the info Stonegod!

Well you're welcome whodey1966......a man and his wife down the street from me were going out just after dawn and just before sunset at the beginning of archery season, she would walk along the property line and shoot her shotgun to mess up her neighbors hunting. My brother (a policeman in a different city) heard about it from me and told me it was illegal in more that one way, I told the hunter down the street about it and a few days later I hear boom....boom.....boom.....then ten minutes later sirens, went down to check it out and the cops were taking her away in handcuffs.lol.......haven't heard any noise since.

Seeker Bp
11-26-2012, 01:10 PM
That right there is the sweet smell of Hunter Victory !! It amazes me at some of the things that people will do. Such as not allowing a retrieval of your downed animal on their property. I have been very lucky and not had to deal with a situation of that sort. But I have known a few hunters that have. I just do not agree with tresspassers, there are the proper procedures that need to be followed, such as asking permission first. Again, thats the perils of hunting on property lines!! Very interesting information there Stonegod.

Big_Holla
11-27-2012, 08:58 AM
One of our best stands on our property is within a couple hundred yards of a house that was built several years ago. I had the same reaction back then, stopped using the stand the first year as I thought there was no way that stand would be any good. Well I was wrong, the deer seemed to use our area even more now as the commotion of the house and activity actually helped push them our way more. The year I shot my biggest buck from that stand I sat and watched a much bigger buck chase a doe up and around that house, got within 20 yards of it!!

Genesis 9:3
11-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey, I'd like to know how this works out. Please let us know!

What did you tell them, how did they respond? What did the cops say?