PDA

View Full Version : New Stand Location

tim1676
11-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Just looking for input on this one...Do you guys think it is to late to move a stand? I had 2 stands set up over a field, but the field got turned over last weekend so I won't see much movement there. I did find a trail, further back in the woods, that looks like it is being used and was wondering if I should try to put a stand up covering it?

Let me know what you think

rzylkie
11-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I would move it midday and leave it for a couple days to settle down but i never hunt in a stand i have lost confidence in. You will not set still.

hortontoter
11-19-2012, 10:49 AM
In your case I would make the move. You have nothing to lose at this point.

Stonegod
11-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Like hortontotor said....at this point you have nothing to lose.....so move it and good luck for the rest of your season!!

Griz
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Last week I moved by stand twice in one day because of deer movement. Do it with the least amount of disturbance and get in it. Good luck! Yah, I should mention that I was using a climber but you can do it with a lock on.

whodey1966
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
A good time to move a stand is during rain,Helps to washes your scent away.

mrbb
11-19-2012, 05:05 PM
its never too late to move a stand
this time of yr, a buck can be up on its feet so I would say MID day is any better than anyother time
I would maybe hunt till first 2 hrs of sun up then move it and hunt till dark there then
lots of BIG bucks seem to be up and moving this time of yr to me from about 11am till 2-3 pm, from my experence, so mid morning would be my move it time this time of yr!

radicalxl
11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
For sure. Get it on the travel route.

OHBooner
11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
I moved a stand his week and saw 20 deer my first sit. I say go for it.

ManOfTheFall
11-20-2012, 04:54 AM
Definitely move it.

tim1676
11-20-2012, 07:39 AM
OK...Thanks for the input. I'll get it moved this week

hoopie
11-20-2012, 06:40 PM
what is ur guy's reasoning on big bucks running during mid day this time of year? not saying u are wrong im just curious on why they are on their feet mid day this time of year, thanks.

BowGuy2
11-20-2012, 07:32 PM
They are deff... Moving during the day I watched 3 bucks bed down this morning @ 650 and none of the moved I got down at 9 b I didn't see anything els none of them were shooter. Then around noon I was driving and seen a few different bucks in the fields. Not sure if there up all night still searching for that last doe and then get up again around mid morning 10-11 o'clock and then bed down are 2-3 again

mrbb
11-20-2012, 08:41 PM
what is ur guy's reasoning on big bucks running during mid day this time of year? not saying u are wrong im just curious on why they are on their feet mid day this time of year, thanks.

well my reasoning is simple, they are with doe all nite hang, and then with them some, till the doe bed up for the day
then they hit the road looking for others
thus many doe don't bed till a couple hrs after day light so?
that means big bucks are on the cruise mid day
and I also believe over yrs of hunters leaving the woods mid morning they know its a safer time to be up and moving

hoopie
11-20-2012, 10:15 PM
thanks, i was just curious. the land owner where i hunt has been saying theyve been seeing a big buck but i have yet to see it, i moved my cam last week to try to get pics of it and am going to check it probably tmrrw. i was jst curious, i sit in mornings until about 11 then go get lunch and get back on stand abt 2 or 3. im thinking maybe i should sit all day.