PDA

View Full Version : Meigs county youth hunt

rzylkie
11-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I asked a week ago about the rut predictions for the youth hunt. from what I seen this weekend it's winding down in the Rutland area, but the two kids did each get an eight point a piece. Nothing big but it was one of them first buck so he was happy.for me things went south about lunch time when I went to check my camera and it was gone some people are useless get a job and buy your own stuff!bad thing is I knew the neighboring property owner/hunters had been trespassing because I would find there tracks but I figured maybe they were looking to recover something and none of my stands were messed with so no big deal, guess I was wrong! Just hope I can catch them in there now so I can ask where my camera is. Sucks to work for things and have people take them.in my opinion no real hunter would do that so you can bet they poach, they shot the woods down sat and Sunday and I doubt they had that many youth hunters. But the funny thing is I had one more camera that they did not see and I got there pic so if I run into them I will recognize them.

BowGuy2
11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Sucks ur camera got stolen but atleast the boys did good! Congrats

RackCityOutdoors
11-18-2012, 09:38 PM
yes i also hunt off of ruttland actually in langsville and took a youth out for the gun hunt and the action was wonderful we actually watched a big buck breed a doe 10 yards away in a thicket after running her around and under our stand for 5 mins ....but i do agree there was alot of gun shots ...i hunted my property for 5 years and even with the property being bordered by public even in gun season there are not that many shots ...was kinda crazy ..but i do know that there was a few fellas sighting in guns around my way too ...soo ...who knows ..

rzylkie
11-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Sorry for blowing off steam about the camera, seen the craziest thing sat, one of the kids missed a big buck sat morning so he was stressing he was not going to get one and I told both of them they could shot whatever they wanted it was up to them.anyways he shots a 15 inch eight point it runs a little then crashes and like 45 seconds later a big buck comes tearing thru the woods runs right up to the deer laying on the ground starts circling around him then attacks him and of course the kid is amazed but at the same time wishing he could shot him this all took only a min. Or so but awesome to watch. Then he just walks off slowly continues out the ridge to where the other kid was setting observing in one of my stands so they got to see a easy 130" deer.

Big_Holla
11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Great to hear about the kids!! Congrats to them! Sucks about the camera, if you got their picture then I would contact the local law. Meigs County is usually decent, at least they were when some jack-hole tried to steal our ladder stand a few years ago. Wouldn't hurt anyways and if other stuff starts coming up missing they have someone to look for and talk to.