PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 17th!!! (:

southeasternohiobowhunter
11-17-2012, 05:20 AM
I am up bright and early. will be in stand by 6 a.m. and i think it's going to be a good morning! calm winds, very cold just how i like it. who all is going out this morning? and i cant wait to see what kinda action we see! i am hunting athens county in southeastern ohio. going back to where i hit a 150" class buck 11 days ago. i didn't find him ): but on the bright side he will live. also a main frame 10 pt. with double drops in the area, along with a couple more 140" class bucks. well i posted this for everyone to put their two cents in on today's morning/evening hunt so feel free to comment. hey goodluck out there today fellow ohioans and stay safe! (:

belcikmj
11-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Morning, I'm out in Adams county. We have a very nice 10 pt on the camera so hopefully he shows up! No deer yet this morning, just lots of turkeys.

whodey1966
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Hope you all have your orange on! Be careful for the youth out this weekend!

packerfan1094
11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Wasn't paying attention and got busted by two does at 8:00 this morning. Didn't see anything after. Been pretty slow up here in sandusky county

hoopie
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
saw 17 deer this morning in ross county. 16 does and 1 buck

southeasternohiobowhunter
11-17-2012, 05:02 PM
well i seen 9 deer this morning. passed on 3 bucks, and 6 does. 2 bucks were small, 4 pt. and 6 pt. i passed on a nice 8, but he was very, very tempting! if it were december 17th i would have taken him at 30 yds. broadside. i just kept telling myself "man he will be an awesome buck next year"! all in all pretty good morning, but the bucks seem to be slowing down a bit. they aren't all hyped up like last week, but hey guys we still have a lot of hunting left this year!

blackbeard
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Lots of does this morning for me, rut seems to be winding down very quick.

strutndoe
11-17-2012, 08:15 PM
:iagree:

I saw 10 doe all walking together this morning and also saw another 7 doe throughout my morning hunt today. Not one buck followed any of them. Oh and BTW, none of the doe were in bow range :banghead:

whodey1966
11-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Lots of does this morning for me, rut seems to be winding down very quick.

We are definitively past peak rut.

Roxman
11-18-2012, 01:31 PM
We are definitively past peak rut.

I disagree I'm retired( so I'm out everyday if possible, from dark to noon and then sometimes 330 till dark) my little 8 acre section of woods lies adjacent to three different corn and Soy fields these are 296 acres 100 plus and a another 500 just to my back my woods the 8 acres butts up to another 30 plus acres of timber and the timber across is also plus 50 of timber and has been very productive for me the last three years, this years weather however I believe has changed up the typical patterns and moon isnt affecting or effecting the does going into estrous, I have a couple of regulars here in the back that are in and out like clockwork and a couple of bucks a broken spike a good six a nontypical 4 and a typical four all just grazing and moving into the feilds and back out if the bigger does and I have a few of those who frequent are already bred then I surely was sleeping in the stand this year. I won't name the product yet but following what I've seen posted and predictions for when they should I used the buck bomb and estrous sold as seen on TV lol and had deer walk right bye no reaction so far the biggest reaction was I bought some granulated urine and made a mock scrape now that tree is getting tore up but it must be early evening or night cause they arent visible to me yet, I have seen a few hunters and its gun days yesterday and today but they're taking buttons and does, or at least that was what was lying in the pick up. Brown County here