PDA

View Full Version : WV Buck down!

PREDATOR
11-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I thought I would post even though it is in WV. I have hunted Ohio a lot also the last 3 years. Hoping All of my scouting, and previous hunting trips to cooper hollow are going to pay off this year. This buck came from point pleasant area WV.
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/predator011/IMAG0095.jpg
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd517/predator011/12-1AEA762D-1058421-960.jpg
Good luck to all!

Mike F
11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice deer, congrats

radicalxl
11-10-2012, 07:17 AM
A nice deer is a nice deer, no matter what side of the river it came from. Congrats.

Bushman
11-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice WV buck congrats.

mrbb
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
well congrats to you on a fine deer

ibppmd
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Solid WV buck! Congrats!

blackbeard
11-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Nice WV buck, congratulations. Good luck in Cooper, that's my neck of the woods. What's the story?

PREDATOR
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, He was the fifth buck that I saw that day. All of them smaller. I haven't hunted this spot for a couple of years. I mainly hunt at my inlaws and they have 40 acres in Mason county WV. It was about 4:45 and I was watching a couple of does come by below me. As I was standing there watching them I heard some leaves russel behind me. I turned and he was coming down a trail on the side of the hill behind me 25yds. Took one look at the antlers and decided to shoot. He stepped in my lane and I let it fly watching the arrow pass thru. Now comes the weird part. He never jumped, flinched or ran. Just stood there for a second and then proceded to walk up the hill. I started to second guess myself and then I thought I gut shot him. He was perfectly broadside and we were level with each other. I see him walk to the top of the hill and watch him bed down. Now I think to myself that I have gutshot him and I am going to have to sit here til 9:00pm waiting for him to expire. Maybe a minute goes by as I am trying to watch him thru the brush I see him get up and fall over. end of story. I caught him high and back. I thought liver but it was ok. Maybe back end of lungs or the deer aorta or cava as it runs down. Not sure just glad I got him.

Now I am concentrating on my Ohio tag. I had a nice 8 pt come under me Saturday. Was a little bit bigger, but If I have to kill myself getting it out of the places I hunt at cooper, it is going to be pretty big.

Blackbeard, that is such a nice area there. I never see a lot of deer though. Just a few most times I am out. Seems like 90% of the people there are from out of state. In the early season sometimes I feel like I am the only one there. But when November rolls around there are a lot of vehicles. Only once have I started in to hunt and there were some guys in my area and I Knew that when I pulled up. I got there late. I guess I could have been a pr&*^ and walked by them. I wanted to go a lot farther than where they were at, but I just turned around and went to another spot. Thats when I saw the bigger 8 pt. Probably 100 inch deer. The last couple of years I have covered a lot of ground there in the off seasons. I am hoping lady luck will catch up with me there also.

hortontoter
11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Good buck, congrats.

gonehunting 45
11-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Congrats on a very nice buck. Good luck