PDA

View Full Version : Southern Ohio Deer Activity (Clermont, Brown, Adams County)

Cheif
11-08-2012, 05:16 PM
As many of you know the weather has been up and down in southern ohio (south east of cincinnati). How much does that play into role with the activity of the deer. First time bow hunter trying to learn all he can. I have seen some activity but mostly in evening, but with it getting ready to go into the sixties in and over the weekend will this slow them down. Is anyone from around clermont brown adams county experiencing anything different.

Roxman
11-09-2012, 05:35 AM
in brown here was out lst three days now saw a 4 py mon with two young does just walking, tues nothing, wed had seen some bucks following does but not chasing yet also saw two bucks strolling together not seeming to worry about does in feild , i actually had golden estrous wicked by the stand where a six point walked by without a whiff. I'm hoping it starts lol soon

heelbilly
11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Last weekend in Clermont county was good. We had lots of action Saturday morning. I saw several shooter bucks (I killed my buck the weekend before). I'm taking a few weeks off to allow my hunting buddy an opportunity to kill a buck without me being in there and killing does. Good luck.

Roxman
11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I guess this is it this am I went out saw a 6 a good 8 and a couple of other misc bucks spikes or broken antlers running does all over the corn feild kept up for about 2 hours then all went quiet here would have taken the 8 but never gave me a clean shot! Cant wait till this evening
Oh I had Golden estrous on the wicks and the two bucks with broken antlers were drooling and stomping

Cheif
11-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I guess this is it this am I went out saw a 6 a good 8 and a couple of other misc bucks spikes or broken antlers running does all over the corn feild kept up for about 2 hours then all went quiet here would have taken the 8 but never gave me a clean shot! Cant wait till this evening
Oh I had Golden estrous on the wicks and the two bucks with broken antlers were drooling and stomping

what exactly does it mean when they are drooling and stomping. I have seen a few posts that state that.

Cheif
11-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Clermont County Activity________
Friday night cam picked up a few bucks fighting but still traveling together, picked some does over night,
Saturday morning-- 8 point by himself trail cam
Saturday night -- I saw a six point come in about 6pm