PDA

View Full Version : broad heads

PlayTheWindMike
11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
I have used Blood Runner broad heads for three years and killed every deer I hit with them. This year I noticed that they are made a little different than before. Well they will not withstand me shooting them into a normal standard target, they break. I have gone through two packs this year. I went yesterday and wanted to see what else was out there. I picked up a three pack of Rage Extreme 2.3 cut mechanical broad heads. I am lost for words. I shoot them at 20 yards and what do I see, a spread pattern of two foot, yes 24 inches. One of them that hit the target just flew apart. I believe I am going to just go back to some fixed Muzzy's. I put an old muzzy on and at 20 and 30 yards direct bulls eye.

hortontoter
11-08-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm a big fan of Muzzy. I shoot the older 4 bladed 100 grain 1" cut diameter out of my crossbow. They shoot best for me and have performed very well on the deer I have taken with them. I will use them as long as I can find them. I'm not a big fan of mechanical heads, but admit I've never shot one. I hear to many stories of blades not opening.

sticknblade
11-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I was about to try the Bloodrunners...Guess I will stick with Muzzy. I have used the original Rage's, but they open up too easy in the quiver and on the rest and make a lot of noise...I always end up having to close them before I can shoot them. Anyway, thanks...

buckeye96
11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
I use Magnus Stingers fixed broadheads. I have never had and issue with accuracry with them and there are no moving parts to malfunction. I also know people that use muzzys and love them.

Big_Holla
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
I would be contacting the manufacturers on both of those heads!! Esp. the Bloodrunners breaking into a friggin target. Sounds like the Rages were opening on their way.....

MJH
11-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Muzzy man here too! I've been close to getting caught up in the hype of mechanicals. An area archery shop said that a properly tuned bow and proper form will shoot good quality regular style heads like field points day in and day out! I can hit a baseball size target with my muzzys out to 40 yrds!

Mike