PDA

View Full Version : Advice for new bow

Bowlowe
11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I,m new to bowhunting and looking to buy a new bow, Ive looked at several and due to budget Ive narrowed my choices to the bear encounter or the pse stinger. Was hoping to get opinions on these two bows or suggestions on other bows in the same price range......thanks for any input

YouthHunter
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Wish I could give you some advice but, the only thing I would say is go to the local bow shop and shoot the bows you described! Everything feels different to people so only you will know!! I did start out with a bear! Both nice bows.

Bowlowe
11-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, planning a trip to cincinnati BPS soon

YouthHunter
11-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Hoyt also makes a bow I think it's the vector that is a little cheaper than the other hoyts, still a real nice shooting bow. Set my buddy up with one a couple weeks ago and he loves it.

heelbilly
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
On the Hoyt front, their new Charger is nice. It's their "budget" bow. If you're from the Cinci area I saw one at Target World for around $700 with everything but arrows. I currently shoot a Bear Lights Out and I love it. I would say shop around, hit some of the local smaller shops too. Sometimes they have more time to spend with you answering questions and getting you set up right than the bigger box stores. The most important thing is to find a bow that fits you right (draw length). Your arms and back will thank you later.

Bowlowe
11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the replies and advice

mrbb
11-06-2012, 07:28 PM
best advice anyone can give you go shoot bows, a bow no matter the name, if it fits you wel you will shoot it better than a high dollar bow that doesn't
second, make sure when you get it, that it is in tune, paper test it, work with a bow shop that will teach you how to and show you that it is in tune
other than that, practice practice practice
and welcome to the bow hunting world!

Bowlowe
11-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Just got a hoyt rampage today.......time to get shootin

buckeye96
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Good luck with your new bow. Hoyt makes a great product. I have the bear encounter and it is a great bow. Very forgiving for such a small bow.