PDA

View Full Version : Athens County

sshock2
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
There are alot of big bucks that have been taken in the last week in south eastern Ohio!

Griz
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
There are alot of big bucks that have been taken in the last week in south eastern Ohio!

Well I'm headed there Weds. Save me a few!!

YouthHunter
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to head down there this weekend! If not hopefully for gun season.

jeddy
11-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I took this buck in athens county last weekend. They're definitely in chasing phase.

Griz
11-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I took this buck in athens county last weekend. They're definitely in chasing phase.

Very nice! I'm pumped and can't wait to get in the woods. Congrats.

southeasternohiobowhunter
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
if you are around Athens county it is on!!!!!! hunted yesterday evening, but went to a new spot, and it took me forever to find a decent tree to climb. once i got settled in there was only 45 min. of shooting light left. as soon as i settled in i started grunting, and using the doe bleat here and there. wasn't 5 minutes, and here comes a small 6 pt. he smelled around 15 yards from me, then he faded away over the hillside. at this time there's only maybe 15-20 min. minutes of shooting light left. i started grunting again, and 10 minutes later i hear crashing coming straight at me from 100 yards away! i knew right away it was a buck. the sounds get to within 40 yds. of me to my left, but i cant even see that far at this point. i flipped my headlight on, and what i seen with my own two eyes i'll probably never see again in my life! 2 boone & crockett 200 inchers 10 yards from eachother! i couldn't pick the deer up through my scope, and i've never been so frustrated in my life! nothing i could do. well the reason they ran down to the left of me was because the wind was blowing that way, and they were wind checking the situation. eventually the buck in the front either smelled, or heard me and crashed outta there with the other monster right behind him. im still gonna try hunting these monsters, but history tells me i'll probably never see them again ): well anyway on the way to work this morning (nelsonville, oh to parkersburg, wv) we seen does being chased by bucks in almost every field we passed! even seen a buck on a doe right on the strip along the highway! the doe was staring across the highway thinking about attempting a suicide mission to get away from the buck lol. by the time we arrived home we seen roughly 40 deer, and every single 1 of them were running! So yea in this area it's on baby!!!! (: