PDA

View Full Version : Rattled my first buck today

zach-the-deer-slayer
11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I set out today with a rattle bag and grunt call waaaay back in one of the hollows I've been hunting this season and figured I'd try the horns today. I've rattled a few times before and never done any good. I got settled in and let out a few grunts and then rattled for about a minute then quit. I let out a few more grunts and not a minute later there's crashing coming toward me. A shooter 8 point is charging up the hollow and he stops about 50 yards in the brush. He stops for a minute and I hit the grunt and he comes within 30 yards but never offers a shot before moving on. About an hour later I did the same thing and had a tiny 8 point come in from a different direction. I'm pretty excited to try it again tomorrow morning. For the record the first buck was at 3:30 and the small one was at 5pm. So get out there and hit the horns guys

gonehunting 45
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Makes for an exciting day. Only once have I ever had a buck come in after rattling and that was many years ago.
Good luck

mrbb
11-02-2012, 10:14 PM
everything is great when it works isn't it LOL
almost makes you feel like you did it right or something

I have rattled in a few over the yrs, its always cool to see them looking for what made the noises there looking for!

bigboy
11-03-2012, 06:04 AM
Hadnt had any luck with ratt;ing deer but can tale ya I rattled the other evening, and soon as i put the rattling bag down, a big Coyote came running in..... I grabbed my bow to get a shot but he wasnt stopping!!!!!!!!

deerguy10
11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Where you using the rattle bag or actual horns?

Cool story thanks for sharing! last weeknd i had no luck rattling but it sure seems things have picked up this week...

zach-the-deer-slayer
11-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I was using a rattle bag. I'm fixin to head out and try it again