PDA

View Full Version : storm damages?

mrbb
11-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Ok storm damages, anyone else having issues from this storm
I have been without power now since monday, and just got a call telling me, they have no plans to get here till maybe sunday morning
I mean my whole town, not just me
I am sorta pissed, as they came and restored power to every town around me, but just skipped my town, and to make matters worse, I have no damage, I mean the whole town does have a single tree down, or even a branch touching a wire, was told since crews left this area, will not be back till sunday, Maybe!
Like crap they were here and left without fixing!, and don't think anything needs fixing too,
Was told till someone from the company actually drives in and inspects, will not turn back on
Come on, how long would a drive by take?? I live 3 miles from the power plant too!

Crazy, and temps have been in the 30's all day, rain just stopped, and
I want to get hunting, I mean its prime time right now
but with no power, no water, trying to be scent free isn't easy!
Just sucks
Just a vent I guess

radicalxl
11-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Here in Tuscarawas Co. we were in the warnings zone. Have no damage around here at all. Lights blinked a couple of times the first night, but that is it. Lucky I guess.

gonehunting 45
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
My grill cover blew off. That's it thankfully.
I was wondering how the PA folks were fairing. No power is a pain glad you suffered no damage.

mrbb
11-01-2012, 09:58 PM
well I guess all my complaining to the power company paid off, they sent a car in and WOW 20 minutes later they turned the power on, didn't cut a twig either!!!!
and here they wanted me to wait till SUnday or monday, like a week later???
guess they didn't believe me there was no damage, and had to see it for themselves
I get that but a week to take a drive,being just 3 miles from the power company?? COme ON!
But it sure sucks for all the older folks that live here that were without power for NO real reason
But all's well now, can get out hunting for real again tomorrow!

rednecklb69
11-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I bet the guy was a fan of bowhunting ohio and saw your pain of missing the rut

mrbb
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
HA HA HA
If only it was that easy!