PDA

View Full Version : Got a "what to do" question for BHO guys

MJH
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
So I have a "what to do" question! Yesterday I went to check a trail cam and a scrape dripper i had put out. On the trail that i had cleaned out late summer I walk up on a decent scrape right on my path. What I mean by my path is I have cleared sticks from ground and cleared some small branches to slip in as quiet as possible! The scrape wasnt huge neither was the track in it. My thinking is maybe a smaller buck. So the "what to do" part; Do i chance spooking him by keep using my trail to get in and out.Make another trail and chance spooking by changing enviroment? Do I hang cam on scrape to see what he is.If small buck not worry about it? Keep using trail and spray down like crazy before going in. Use a drag and some doe in heat and see if I can bring him to me If he cuts my path? I'm leaning towards the last

Mike

mrbb
10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
well lots of possible options as you listed
but to me, I would just how your getting in, and just avoid walking in the scrape
feel free to hang a cam over the scrape if you like, never hurts to see
I have seen BIG buck and little bucks all use small scrapes, as well as Big scrapes
size of teh scrape to me doesn't always mean size of deer, and most scrapes get used by several different bucks too
I have used a leaf blower to make trails into or out of stands in the past
works great but can bite you in the butt as deer start using them on me all the time, making them slip in on me without hearing, so?? it happens
I still use same trails, I just be very very scent free as possible, spray down boots for sure
but I would say keep going is as before, just don't walk in the scrape, MAYBE if you like scents, every time you walk by add a few drops of something to it if you add a cam over it??

BowGuy2
10-29-2012, 06:59 PM
In my opinion u should be good to use it bc they hit them scrapes at night most of the time