PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Techniques

teej89
10-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Quick question about rattling techniques, how often do you rattle? Do you do it at a specific time during the day or doesn't it matter during the rut and finally how long do you rattle for like 1 minute spurts or...?

Sharpie1
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
At this time of the year , I just ( tickle them together) enough to cause curiocity. In a week or so , I will hammer them for about 3 minutes then wait 20 to 30 and try them again with deer doe bleeps and grunting. How this helps you.

BIGHUNTOH
10-23-2012, 12:32 PM
You should probably wait a few more weeks to start rattling, depending on your deer herd and buck to doe ratio. I tried to rattle in a buck that was working the edge of my bean field last night. He looked and took off into the thicket, but i have grunted a few bucks in so far. It all depends on your deer,

BowGuy2
10-23-2012, 04:37 PM
I rattle for about 30-45 seconds and put them down for about 45 to a hr I would hold off on the rattle maybe one a sit untill u notice there coming into it more. Grunt tube is working in my area now tho

teej89
10-23-2012, 04:43 PM
thanks guys I appreciate the feedback, yeah I wasn't thinking bout starting to rattle yet but I'm making my way to ohio the first two weekends of november, never rattled before and was gonna give it a go.