PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a hint of the rut....

So.OHsalesman
10-21-2012, 10:41 PM
I've seen a few posts about bucks chasing does around but have yet to see it for myself... until tonight. I went to climb down from my stand only to see a big, mature buck chasing 3 does in circles. It went on for about 15 minutes until they went over the top of the hill. They were way out in an open field and he was hitting it hard. This is the first activity I have seen in Jackson County this year. Man, does it get your heart pumpin'! Is anyone else seeing this? Still seems a tad early to me?

skeeter
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM
I had a decent 8pt run two seperate sets of does thurs eve. Lots of scrapes and buck movement in my area this year. Rut may be early this season.

mrbb
10-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I have seen bucks running does all season this yr so far, but mostly small bucks, had one 3.5 yr old last week dogging a doe and grunting his brains out doing so, but here we got a warm spell that rolled in couple days ago, and it seems to have slowed things, but its getting to be that time of yr, and if its early like so many other things this yr, could be real weather related , if it gets/stays cold, should be a wild rut,but if it get warm ??? could be real nocturnal as so many past yrs!

brdawg2001
10-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Warm this coming week...but coming Sat is looks like it is going to be ON......cold front coming in Sat...gonna be good I believe the week of Halloween.

r

RajunGajun
10-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Had a nice 7 pointer chasing a couple does Saturday. Seemed pretty oblivious to everything else including my brother and I standing there watching him go by.

deerguy10
10-22-2012, 05:57 PM
haven't seen a buck while on stand yet... did notice some new scrapes this past weekend though...