PDA

View Full Version : Seekers Summer Summery.....

Seeker Bp
10-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Aawwwww, Summer is over and the Fall weather is upon us. I look back very seldom, but I do like to ponder on all the things I accomplished and things that should be remembered. Such things as going to more 3d shoots this year with so many Good friends, I mean people who I didnt know before joining BHO. Having some too funny moments at Mike Fs Bokes Creek winery..Meeting Chuck and his family after years of texting and never getting together Elk Meetings, planning. And then the sweet opportunity to have the chance to stalk and hunt an Elk out West with some true Elk killers.. To get into the woods this year, only 8 seasons with a compound in my hands and have the confidence to get it done, my what a few years of experiance can do...Thanks to all that have helped with shooting confidence with also bringing out the hunting ability. All in all, this year has been rough and tough, but what dont kill you makes you stronger, I will live! Thanks to All and Good Luck this Hunting Season.. Seeker BP

hortontoter
10-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Sounds like you made good use of your time. Experience is the best way to aquire knowledge and the failures along the way make all the accomplishments that much sweeter.

Mike F
10-22-2012, 08:33 PM
A couple of the mornings out west, we kinda all thought we had killed ya.
I mean when a guy has a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, fried potatoes, and coffee waiting, and we can't get ya outa bed. You must be dead.....lol

Great read with more stories to come.

longdraw
10-23-2012, 10:13 PM
A couple of the mornings out west, we kinda all thought we had killed ya.
I mean when a guy has a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, fried potatoes, and coffee waiting, and we can't get ya outa bed. You must be dead.....lol

Great read with more stories to come.

Been there before Seeker

Big_Holla
10-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Love it Seeker!! You said it right, life is about opportunities and you have been fortunate to really learn more about yourself in the process!! You are a stand up guy and finally meeting you in person put a face and a handshake to go with all of what I already knew about you. So glad to meet you finally and spend some time with you and Mike. I need to take more of those opportunities myself!

radicalxl
10-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Yep, life is for sure a journey. Seems like the wise folks learn who the good people are and keep them close, and the really wise ones create a distance between themselves and the bad ones. Remember the good things and throw away the bad. As you get older you'll find that when you ponder on your accomplishments you will want to let others know of them. Then comes the hasbeen stage and the crap that comes with that. But always remember, it's better to be a hasbeen than a wannabee. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but there are more important things in life than hunting. If you can combine those more important things with it, a full life you will have indeed. Also, IMO you can't go wrong with being around most of the guys on this site.

Stonegod
10-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Yep, life is for sure a journey. Seems like the wise folks learn who the good people are and keep them close, and the really wise ones create a distance between themselves and the bad ones. Remember the good things and throw away the bad. As you get older you'll find that when you ponder on your accomplishments you will want to let others know of them. Then comes the hasbeen stage and the crap that comes with that. But always remember, it's better to be a hasbeen than a wannabee. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but there are more important things in life than hunting. If you can combine those more important things with it, a full life you will have indeed. Also, IMO you can't go wrong with being around most of the guys on this site.

Well said Chris!