PDA

View Full Version : bobcats

treelounger
10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
What are the laws on bobcats? A friend told me they aren't a recognized species in Oh. and that they are a shoot on site type critter.Anyone know the facts on it?

mrbb
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
well All I can suggest is you call the Ohio DCNR and ask, and get A REAL answer from the state, anything we say here can or might be incorrect

here in PA where I am from we have a special draw/season for them
BUT any animal that is in my state that the state doesn't consider here, like say a cougar
if you were to shoot it you would be fined up the wazzoo! as they could consider that an illegal kill
here in PA and many other states i know of, any animal that doesn't have an actual hunting season is a protected critter and thus would be an illegal killing, so I highly suggest you ask the officials and not a forum member
not saying anyone would steer you bad, but better sfae than sorry

and last, Bobcats are cool critters, I highly enjoy seeing them in the wild way cool cats in my eye's

Bambislastbreath
10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
you shoot one in ohio DONT TELL ANYONE lol or you will go to jail.....they are protected........i saw one a few years ago hunting in Noble county...awesome to see

YouthHunter
10-17-2012, 02:16 AM
I thought I had a picture of one, turned out to be a cat with his tail tucked and head down looking at the ground lol

treelounger
10-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I am going to contact the odnr but figured I'd pick the brain of the hunting population. I'll let you know what the odnr has to say about it....