PDA

View Full Version : Checking In My First Ky Doe Down!

scoutinlife
10-12-2012, 09:24 AM
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i468/scoutinlife1/BestDeerPic.jpg

Lol my camera date is off!!!! Anyways left work early yesterday went back to Greenup Ky just had that feeling! Arrived about 2:30 pm moved my stand up the tree 7 or 8 more feet roughly and spun it facing South due to more deer come from the east side of the hill worked like a charm. Had two doe's come in at 5:30 from the South but below me just didnt make it to a open area before they veered west then 20 minutes later heard noise from behind me this single doe came through she was about even height wise do to the steepness of the hill so shot was straight across at a whopping 8 yards.... She was hit hard bolted and then heard her crash!!!! Thankful for succesfull hunt love bowhunting this is my 3rd year and third deer kill with a bow !!!! Few more week will be hitting Ohio for bowhunting letting my place stay calm in no pressure till Nov :coolgleamA: Hope every one is doing well!!!! Side note love the vertigo camo in the pic Im wearing deer dont see you I've seen 23 deer in last week in 3 outings close as 4 yard and not been busted once.....

gonehunting 45
10-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Congrats on the doe. Very well done
I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to share their success stories. I enjoy reading them.
Again congrats

hortontoter
10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Congrats. Very nice shot placement by the way.

radicalxl
10-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Yes, great shot. Congrats

Toke2
10-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Congrats! Gonna have to look into that camo.

scoutinlife
10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks All!!!! Lol got bad or good habit waiting till they get really really really close :)! Seriously I did practice all year out to 50 yards but my true comfort yardage is 25 yards or under less room for errors jumped string etc. Not to forget I like hunting that thick nasty stuff for sum reason. Cant wait to hit Ohio woods in Nov no place like home! Hope all you all have a great and safe season!

ibppmd
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Congrats on the successful hunt! I like the Vertigo when there's not much behind you but sky. KB

smokin_aces
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Your right john that is a big ole doe. Congrats. The camo looks good. I've been wearing the rocky camo in realtime so AMD haven't been busted yet but I haven't had 23 deer. Closest one was at 5yards downwind and didn't even know I was there.