PDA

View Full Version : Bowguy2s hunt

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 06:45 AM
I have been reason everyone else's live from the Stand so I said heck ill give it a try. I will be talking about my stand and when my girlfriend can hunt mostly only 2 days a week for her ill be in a buddy stand with her tryin to get her her first deer ever this is her first season and she has missed 2 times but after the 2nd miss I took her cross bow home and shot it and it wa shootin low and I the left a lot. So I sighted her in to her broad heads an gunna see what happends.

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 06:50 AM
This morning I'm in one of my favorite stands up in medina county this stand has not been hunted yet this year but if its anything like last year ill see deer! Did not scout at all here bc of the woods being smaller and we kinda alway just sit in the stands and let them tell us where the deer are at. My buddy is sitting about 200 yards away from me in a 20 foot ladder Stand and I'm in a 25 foot hang on. I'm on a creek bed where it runs into a bigger creek and acorns falling everywhere I did take a doe out of this stand last year and seen one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen in this stand its 650 in the am stay tuned ill let u no how the morning goes today is October 10th and just as I was abou to submit this I have deer in front of me to dark to see tho ill update later

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Coyote just came thru we turned the other way befor I could get my bow hate thos damn things may not see deer bc of that of there is a yote been hangin out

Big_Holla
10-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Nail that bugger!!

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 08:05 AM
Wish I coulda. Just seen 4 doe about 80 yards out walking away from me

Big_Holla
10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Come baaaack......come baaaaaaaaack.......LOL

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
My buddy just shot a doe I had a small buck in front of me and 2 smaller does none of them are what I'm looking for

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 08:30 AM
What scares me is the doe ran right where that yote went

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Back in the stand at my buddies property well see hat happends it's pretty windy

BowGuy2
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
was sitting this evening at one of my buddys stand and boy was it windy 25 mph gusts of winds it got chilly bc of the wind i sat it out and even tho the wind was so strong i had it in my favor. around 6 the wind died down but i still wasent sure we were going to see much around 705 i seen 6 does working my way and they came straight in hunder me but ofcourse by time they got into range legal shooting light had expired so i had to sit there for another 45 min while the deer were eating on the corn and eating the crush beats we had just put out today seen a few snaps of the trail cam as well. prolly be back at it in the morning we will see tho im exahusted after a long day of hunting hoping the wind stays down

BowGuy2
10-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Back at it again in the same stand I was in the other morning when I seen the yotes hope I can write a doe a speeding ticket that's cruising by ;)

BowGuy2
10-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Just had 3 doe come thru at about 45 yards didn't like the shot

BowGuy2
10-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Back in the stand after the day off yesterday. I put corn out at 2 locations hoping to find the right doe to take I'm being picky this year on does for some reason pretty sure I have deer at the corn pile right now as I'm typing this ill keep y'all updated and hopefully some pics today!!!!

BowGuy2
10-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Hunted tonight over a corn field that had not been cut yet 25 yards 3 does and I managed to hit one of the only stray corn stalks on the edge of the field between the doe and the other corn missed her clean glad I missed her clean but pissed off that it happends starting to have a little but of a rough year. Seeing a lot of deer just not getting the shots I want at all

BowGuy2
10-14-2012, 06:34 AM
Back into the climber this morning in pretty much the same spot just 60 yards up the creek more a little more away from there bedding area since its a am hunt and all and didn't feel comfy trying to slip in. Last night my clean miss didn't spook the deer at all so we will see what happends this Mornin

kathel1983
10-15-2012, 01:31 AM
I don't know much about deer hunting with a bow. The state that I live in used to require a minimum of 40 lb of pull for deer hunting. They have dropped that requirement.

BowGuy2
10-15-2012, 07:33 AM
What's does that have anything to do with? Anyways well got into the stand this morning about 10 min after being here I notice I have 3 deer feeding on the corn 20 yards away its not bring enough to shoot yet 10 min go by legal shooting light is good and I can see my 20 yard pin I stand up without a problem the deer don't see me anyhow. I go to draw back and turns out there is a deer behind me that didn't like the idea of me drawing back at one of her friends so she decided to blow for about 10 min and completely destroyed my chance at getting a shot at them deer they ran off of course. Now here is my question if u guys happen to get blown at by a deer do u guys back out of the stand and maybe head to a new stand location or do u sit tight and just hunt it anyways?

BowGuy2
10-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Just passed on a small basket rack 8 pointer I played with him a little but I hit the grunt tube and he came on a string from about 80 yards stopped at 40 then I hit the grunt tube again and he came directly under my stand and looked around for about 5 min stomping every once in a while

ManOfTheFall
10-15-2012, 09:04 AM
If I get busted in the stand I still stay in the same stand. I have shot several deer after being busted. I haven't had any sightings as of yet. I'm getting don a little early because I forgot my stinking release. Probably around 9:30.

BowGuy2
10-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Back in the stand this morning and still haven't seen anything beautiful morning we wil see what happends I'm getting out of the stand a little early this morning 930 is the end of my hunt we will see what happends

teej89
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Now here is my question if u guys happen to get blown at by a deer do u guys back out of the stand and maybe head to a new stand location or do u sit tight and just hunt it anyways?

This is a little late but I stay and hunt, I missed a doe last friday at 32 yds, thought she was at 25, and I was pissed cuz I can make that a 30 yd shot in my sleep and as they ran away I could here them blowing the whole way out the ridge haha I thought my hunt would be ruined. However I stuck it in and got some cool footage of a button buck right under my stand and a spike sneaking by at 15 yds.

Keep up the updates, I enjoy reading em.

BowGuy2
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Little warm but in the stand anyways never no what might happen

BowGuy2
10-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Sticking with it haven't seen any deer in the last 2 sits hopefully this warm windy morning will be it? Lol doubtful but I'm in the stand anyways cause ya never know!

BowGuy2
10-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Didn't see nothing but a runnin coyote

BowGuy2
10-18-2012, 10:08 PM
went out this morning and seen a buck hit the grunt tube he went around me and came in right under my tree it was a 2 1/2 year old 8 point and after dark i had 6 doe come thru just after legal shooting light so i was stuck in my tree untill about 8pm back at it in the am

BowGuy2
10-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Back at it again this morning and boy was it dark walking in! We will see how it plays out

ManOfTheFall
10-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Any action yet? Good luck. I probably won't be back out until tomorrow.

BowGuy2
10-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Right at daylight had a small buck under me for about 5 min and then he left and at 800 had 2 does come thru at 60 yards with a decent 8 pointer right behind them they were feeding we walked up sniffed them and he kept feeding they left and he just not left as well he fed for about 15 min longer than them I'd say 115" 8 a nice up and comer

BowGuy2
10-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Good luck man of the fall I think in the next week or so pre rut is Gunna start kicking in

ManOfTheFall
10-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Is that a typo on your county? Is it actually Wayne? I will be out in my stand I've been seeing the big 180" this evening. Hopefully the timing and the stand are correct tonight!!!!!

BowGuy2
10-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Yah it's Wayne county but I hunt in Holmes county good luck bud I'm in the sand now still looking for my first Doe kill of the year iv been trying to focus on getting my girlfriend a deer be for rut haha

BowGuy2
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Have only seen 2 fawns this morning anthem were with each other but ran 2 different directions they were running the whole time this is the first morning sit on this proporty that I have done

BowGuy2
10-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Sittin on the creek bed stand again here in medina county bc I wanted to grab my ground blind that's here and mise well kill 2 birds with one stone. So I'm huntin haha. Well last night was my girlfriends hunt at one of our better stand locations that just got 150 lbs of corn put out and my trail cam only took 12 photos I think it froze . All my other trail cams are laying around so I just put the old cheap one out anyways I rest the cam it was warm and. SLOW! around 620 we seen a small buck he never made his way to the corn. Well my little cousin jumped a absolute monster walking in he killed a 154 incher last year and e said it was bigger than his we don't have any trail cam pics of him he's a new guy which I don't mind of course haha we get new deer all the time where I hunt I miles and miles of woods connected to each other not all my proporty of course but anyways we didn't see anythin after thT untill 2 min befor shooting light was up we heard steps coming and the body of the deer was huge but couldn't see a rack and then some does came in so I was locked in the stand untill 8 when they left

Big_Holla
10-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Hope that big boy shows up for you this morning BowGuy2!! Good luck to ya!

BowGuy2
10-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks holla! I'm in the same stand where I seem them coyotes I wouldn't mind bustin one of them boogers

ManOfTheFall
10-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Good luck on that big boy. I shot a yote one time out of my stand. It was awesome. I hit him broadside at about 5 yards and he must have jumped sideways about 6 feet through the air. I wished I had that on video.

BowGuy2
10-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Didn't see a yote or a deer but found a dead deer right along te crick think it was from ehd really hoping this is not the case

BowGuy2
10-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm staying out of the stand untill Friday

BowGuy2
10-25-2012, 08:21 AM
In the stand I have only seen one buck so far And it was a smaller 9 pointer named goofy my girlfriend wants to kill him I jumbled about 6 off the corn pile when I walked in so I don't expect to see much

BowGuy2
10-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Back in the stand hopin to have the deer on there feet with the front coming in we will see how this mining plays out

BowGuy2
10-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Just had a nice 125-135" deer coming straight for me wind changed and boom gone

MandRroofing
10-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Dang! the exact same thing happened to me tonight.had one of my hit list bucks at 35 yards.he came from the wrong direction where I thought they would come from,I was still ok the the wind shifted a lil and he was out of there.I was at full draw there for a bit

BowGuy2
10-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Yah sucks big time! I never got to full draw but he was on a rope straight to my stand.. Sucks stupid wind even tho it doesn't matter b I always spray down and never even let my hunting close inthe truck I came home and washed all of my clothes back at it this am

southeasternohiobowhunter
10-30-2012, 12:45 AM
sounds like your putting in some quality time man! you will be rewarded hopefully (:

BowGuy2
10-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks dude. I would be putting a lot more time in the woods but this stupid hurricane has me depressed I have used this time to hang stands and put out corn and I'm ready to be back in the woods as soon as this weather breaks

southeasternohiobowhunter
10-30-2012, 08:43 PM
same here man. i can't hunt til the weekend so i hope its gonna be decent weather /:

BowGuy2
11-01-2012, 07:40 AM
In the stand this morning and I didn't jump any deer off of my corn pile! Lets see what this morning brings! This site has been dead the last week with the weather the way it is hopefully this weekend this site and the rutting activity heats up good luck to all and be safe!

Bowguy2 out!!!!

BowGuy2
11-01-2012, 08:50 AM
I have seen 2 smaller bucks both noses to the ground feeding and deff sniffing it out. And oh ya i have seen a few pope and young squirrels as well haha

BowGuy2
11-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Busted a doe tonight at 52 yards ran 15 yards and dropped over complete pass thru

ghunter
11-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Congrats. But as previously stated by other members on here 50 yards is impossible. ;)

BowGuy2
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Haha yah I have had more that one argument on here about that. If u practice and feel comfy shooting at that distance I don't see a problem in it at all. I don't understand how one can criticize someone just bc one person can do it and another can't and they are the same people at are throwing lead at deer while the deer are running I agree a lot can go wrong at 50 yards with bow hunting but a lot can go wrong at 20 yards and I put in my time shooting my bow at that range all the time and can hit a pie plate up to 60 yards everytime pretty much I have a top of the line bow that shoots over 330 fps so it's not like I'm shooting a rainbow at 52 yards I have a Hoyt carbon matrix and this is 2 years in a row that I killed a deer at 50+ yards and thanks man I aprrciate it! Good luck to ya

BowGuy2
11-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Got into the stand late!!!!! (720) at 735 I head something so I grunted and the buck that wimded me a few days back was rubbing a tree 60 yards from me I grunted again he starts working my way and then stops and turns around 10 min later I see another buck couldn't tell how big he was walking up where the other deer was and 10 min after that book a giant! Biggest deer I have ever seen on the woods Wile hunting he came from where the other 2 deer went I grunted he came along behind be had him at 30 yards but no shot he moved on to 50 yards got behind a brush pile and I never seen him again idk where the heck he wen

BowGuy2
11-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Busted another doe this morning and so did my buddy we were out of the stand by 715 he shot his at 705 I shot mine at 711 we were 100 yards apart and didn't see te same deer te doe I shot was getting chased by a doe

BowGuy2
11-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Seen 2 bucks this morning and 7 does only sat till 830 cause the rest room was calling my name