PDA

View Full Version : Hope he makes it

Wildlife
10-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Here is a buck that I have had several encounters with over the past 4 season. The video was made last October. The pics are from this season. I let him walk once again during an afternoon hunt opening day 2012.

http://youtu.be/Um11fJ1a4Ec

mrbb
10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
well thats a cool video from a hunt

at 4 yrs in the video, he seems like a small 4 yr old
I have a couple here too that I know are 4 but lacking as to what some other 4 yr old deer are at
he looks like he gained some size from last yr to this yr too
good luck on taking or passing on him, when they get like that they get very tempting!!

forestman
10-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Nice looking buck.At that age and as nice as he looks in the last picture I would kill him if it was me but you guys have some dandys out their.

ibppmd
10-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Nice footage! I'm sure you know there are bigger ones on your property if you're passing. KB

Big_Holla
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Very nice clean looking buck!! Can see why you hope he survives. Hopefully he lasts a couple more years and do exactly what he did in the video for you then!!

Wildlife
10-08-2012, 12:00 AM
The video was taken last season so he would have been no more than 3.5yrs old then. This year he's carring more mass plus he is taller and wider. Still would like to see him go for at least another year. He stays pretty close to the area for now. We'll see what happens.

well thats a cool video from a hunt

at 4 yrs in the video, he seems like a small 4 yr old
I have a couple here too that I know are 4 but lacking as to what some other 4 yr old deer are at
he looks like he gained some size from last yr to this yr too
good luck on taking or passing on him, when they get like that they get very tempting!!

buckscout
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
I respect your ability to wait him out....I have a few bucks on my property that i am waiting out....I made it real clear to the guys I let hunt that all deer are fair game except 2 bucks that I have seen numerous times and they are very easy to identify....one is a massive 8 pointer that is 2 years old, but looks like a 5 year old stud.....I want to see him next year for sure....the other is a 10 point that is very small in body but tall and skinny rack and is a 3 year old, how we can identify him is his rack is as black as the night sky.....almost looks like someone painted it on him but it was black last year and again this year....those 2 bucks I want to wait out another year....one of my friends had an encounter with blackie and he told me i was nuts for letting him go another year and that he actually came to full draw on him to shoot but his arrow fell off the rest and spooked him.....hahahaha, thats what he gets for not having a drop away and for not respecting my rules.....that friend wont be back for awhile and we are actually squabbling over this very issue.........my other friends respect the rules...

It takes alot of will power to let a nice deer like yours walk....keep that power and grow those big boys....