PDA

View Full Version : woohoo, its raining

so.OH_bowhunter2
10-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I know most are frowning due to the rain, but not me. My daughter plays softball (and I coach) and practice was supposed to be held tonight, but its raining (Im sitting here doing a lil dance as I type). I love watching and coaching softball, but I need a lil R&R from 20' up. I've been itching to try this spot out since last year, with the rain and an east wind, gonna be set right up beside their bedroom. Havent stepped foot in there since last December, so yeah, expectations are high for atleast a sighting (but who knows). Im just glad I finally get to get in the woods.

gonehunting 45
10-01-2012, 12:55 PM
lol. Good luck

Big_Holla
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
LMAO good luck to you!! I understand what it's like with the travel softball. Sometimes it gets to be a bit much but at the same time it's so much fun to watch, especially when my daughter is pitching! Had a double header yesterday morning then it was rush to get home to finish getting my hunting stuff together and shoot a little. Will be down in Grove City the middle of the month for a tourney w/ Lady Lazers, any chance you will be in it?

hortontoter
10-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Good luck out there. I should be out today too. But, I've been neglecting things around the house lately while working at the cabin. Just finished mowing the yard and will be edging the driveway and sidewalks next. Such fun!

Glad to be Alive
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Thank God for the Rain. I remember those days... 3 kids within 3 years really put the dampers on my hunting. Coaching Baseball, Football & Wrestling was alot of work. Now Friday nights are taken with the youngest High School football and Saturday is taken with the oldest's College football. Just enjoy the time you have with them now because in a blink of an eye they will be gone. Thank goodness I'm retired. :coolgleamA:

MICH
10-01-2012, 08:56 PM
good luck, i feel your pain, opening day up here & i'm out coaching 5-6 grd. football..........cold this weekend, perfect!!!!!!!!!!

so.OH_bowhunter2
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Pretty un-eventful evening. Got the climber up the tree around 3:45, had my first deer come through at 4 (small 8 point). Sad to say, but that was it. Not what I was hoping or expecting, but atleast I got to go. I had no idea of the acorn crop there is this year, gonna have to come up with a new battle plan. Explains why I havent seen many deer in the fields in the evenings. Im betting that their not using their normal bedding areas either, but just bedding down where they eat. Came across 2 small scrapes, and around 5 or so rubs (pencil size, one was about the size of a garden hose), not what I was expecting, but it will just take time.