PDA

View Full Version : My son, home from Army and Afghanistan, shoots his first deer on opening day.

ManOfTheFall
09-29-2012, 01:43 PM
At 7:45 this morning I heard the snap of the crossbow from my stand and I knew my son shot at a dee. I turned to see if I could see it run and I saw it running down the hill about 50 yards behind me. After a few seconds I heard it crash. A few minutes after he shot it he got down, found the arrow, and was yelling for his Dad.(me) He laid the smack sown on this doe. Just because he isn't younger it's not any less exciting. He did everything just like I told him and he said that was a huge rush. Even more than when he was in Afghanistan. I say I have another family member hooked for life. He already can't wait to get back out there and put another one down.

Genesis 9:3
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Congrats, that's awesome! Is that deer sticking out it's tongue for the picture?

mrbb
09-29-2012, 02:46 PM
well congrats to him on a good doe, way to start off the season

radicalxl
09-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Nothing like coming home to good ole Tuscarawas Co. and putting one down! Hope to go out in the best County in the state here in a few minutes and put one down myself. Congrats to you young man.

EASY
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Congrats to your son nobody is more deserving for a great deer then one willing to fight for the freedom our great country. Thank you very much.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

shred_thumb
09-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Good photos, too! It's important to get everyone in there - no so much today, but years down the road....

MJH
09-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Thats awesome! Good things happen to good people! Tell your son thanks for his service!

Mike

Stonegod
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Congrats to your son on getting his first deer......and on opening day!!!!!

Stumpy
09-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Congrats to your son. Sounds like you guys had a great opening day.

ibppmd
09-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Congrats to you both. KB

mrsohiobuckhunter
09-30-2012, 12:41 AM
excellent job! way to go soldier

ghunter
09-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Congrats he did a great job.

Glad to be Alive
09-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Wonderful experience for the both of you.... His first deer and you being able to share it with your son. Passing on what we hold dearest in our lives to the ones we love is what its all about. Congrats and a Huge "Thank You" to the Soldier.:patriot:

Greybeard11
09-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Congrats to your son, and please tell him a big thank you for serving his country!!!

hortontoter
09-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the doe.

black swamp
09-30-2012, 11:52 AM
nice deer thanks for your service to your country

mneal
09-30-2012, 08:02 PM
A great story... and good pics. My son is away at college and he called me last night for the day one rundown. He said he can't wait to get home and put in some tree stand time. I am hoping he gets a chance for his first bow kill too. An awesome experience for your son!!!

Big_Holla
09-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Congratulations to your son for his first and congrats for you to have a life long hunting partner now!!

butterbarlt
09-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Hunting in your ACU's is against UCMJ. I would strongly suggest taking these photos off the internet as fast as you can. This could be the next big photo scandal before you know it.

gonehunting 45
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Outstanding...congrats to your boy. Thank you for serving our country.

ManOfTheFall
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Hunting in your ACU's is against UCMJ. I would strongly suggest taking these photos off the internet as fast as you can. This could be the next big photo scandal before you know it.

My son is no longer in the army. He has been honorably discharged. He will continue to hunt and in his ACU's as well.

bds9
10-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Tell your son I said congrats and thanks for his service!!!

ohiorut
10-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Congrats to your son and tell him thank you for his service for me.

butterbarlt
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
My son is no longer in the army. He has been honorably discharged. He will continue to hunt and in his ACU's as well.

That's fine. I'll go ahead and report him to my higher HQ and public affairs contact. It is illegal to wear a uniform with rank and organization name as a civilian. If he is in the IRR it is simply a violation of UCMJ.

bds9
10-01-2012, 01:33 PM
butterbarlt I didn't realize we are now training our servicemen and women to be tattle tails! Leave the guy alone, how could he possibly be hurting you? If you cant wear them anymore, why in the world do they let you have them? My Stepfather wears his jacket to this day so you can go ahead and report him too!!

Glad to be Alive
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Butterbarlt, One thing that will get my blood boiling faster than burning the American Flag is "Attacking" a Soldier, and/or former Soldier. I believe I speak for so many more than will ever read this post so I will offer my opinions on there behalf as well.

I spent nine years doing for this country things that can never be told. I have been shot, stabbed and blown up. I have been in 37 different countries around this world and have been in the presence of Presidents both foreign & domestic. I can walk into any US installation at anytime. I bow hunt because this government taught me to shoot "targets" at ranges that can't be seen via the naked eye. I have two artificial hips and a totally messed up body from my time serving this Great and Awesome country.

The UCMJ is a fine and dandy set of rules; However, it has its place. This is not its place and never has been. Please keep such petty arguments out of such a fine and respected forum. And lastly.... Never underestimate the person standing before you. May the Good Lord Keep all Our Men & Women safe in the Palm of His hand.

ManOfTheFall
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you guys for your support. Butterbarlt has made a whole 2 posts on here and this is the only thing he has to worry about. I think you need to get a life Butterbarlt and stop worrying about someone who has served his time and is just trying to enjoy life now.

radicalxl
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you guys for your support. Butterbarlt has made a whole 2 posts on here and this is the only thing he has to worry about. I think you need to get a life Butterbarlt and stop worrying about someone who has served his time and is just trying to enjoy life now.
My thoughts exactly! couldn't have said it better myself. Seems to me he was proud to wear that uniform. God bless him and all the others who proudly served our nation. Never thought the fashion police would invade our little part of the world.

buckstalker17
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
That's fine. I'll go ahead and report him to my higher HQ and public affairs contact. It is illegal to wear a uniform with rank and organization name as a civilian. If he is in the IRR it is simply a violation of UCMJ.

Dude are you for real I've got some from when my cousin was in the army. I were them from time to time When I hunt why don't you report that chump leave the guy alone and worry about your business. I would say you turn him in it goes to show what kind of man you are and from the way it sounds not much of one. Sounds to me like you think your gonna get some promotion out of it that's why snitches do what they do
WTH really man. We here at BHO take care of our own and give anyone that has served our country past or present all the respect they deserve

butterbarlt
10-06-2012, 09:39 PM
1) "We here at BHO take care of our own and give anyone that has served our country past or present all the respect they deserve"

Oh yea? Then why so much flak for the truth? I'm not trying to be the fashion police, I'm trying to think forward so that the next PETA scandal doesn't involve the organization I've devoted the next 7 years of my life to.

2) I am not a tattle tale, rat, snitch or any of the other offensive names you all seem to think are appropriate to bring back from elementary school. I am simply trying to think ahead and prevent what could become a large problem for the Army.

3) I didn't say he's not allowed to wear them period. As was said they are sold to civilians as well. Simply cut off the name tapes and pull the unit patches off the velcro. Now you don't represent an organization that may not agree with being shed in the light that you are shining on it.

Look, if you don't like how I went about informing this guy that he is in the wrong that's fine. If you're trying to tell me to ignore laws as an officer, then I don't know what to tell you.

Essayons.

buckstalker17
10-06-2012, 09:49 PM
No one is trying to hear what your saying your first post was tell the guy he can't wear what he wants then your second post was to tell him your going to the principal and squeal on him to get him in trouble. So who is talking play ground rules so take ball and go. It is sad that you would join a site just put some one on blast pathetic actually so I'm not going to entertain the nonsense so I say good day

redneckross
10-07-2012, 09:48 PM
awesome. not a better feeling than getting the first one. congradulate him for me and tell him thankyou.

Toke2
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Awesome... Can't wait to see my sons get their first deer! Glad you got to share the moment with him... I'm sure you were as, or MORE excited than he was... Please pass on a hearty congrats and a sincere THANK YOU to your son for his service. My family and I appreciate ALL who serve!

shanem
10-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Guess Im guilty too because I served My Country over 19 years ago (USMC) still wear my bdu's with name attached. Guess You might as well tell on me too. On a better note, tell him congrates on the kill and Thank Him For His Service. Semper Fi