PDA

View Full Version : Egypt Valley

vtbowhunter37
09-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

New to this forum but im an arrcherytalk.com nut. I have been hunting Ohio for the last 7 years from Vermont. Love the state if I could talk the wife into moving I would move in a min.. Anyways I'm hunting the Egypt Valley this fall and looking for any help I can get. I'm not looking for that secret tree but some gudiance. Is there a lot of oak flats? How is the pressure during the second week of November?

Thanks everyone.... I hope every has a successful season. Be safe and it's not about the kill it's about spending time with family and friends doing something we all love!!!

Tim

hortontoter
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Egypt Valley is a huge area. But, most of the hardwoods will be in the drainages. Lots of steep terrain. One plus is that it has enough room to get away from other hunters. Dragging a heavy bodied deer out of some of those hollows will be a job. Can't tell you much about oak flats, because anything flat will be hard to find.

vtbowhunter37
09-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Tim

Bushman
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Hunted it last fall for the first time. Was crowded in gun season i know that. Didnt get to bow hunt it but plan to this year. Did some scouting a couple wks ago and man was it thick still. Rugged also. Not sure how i'd get a buck out since i hunt solo.

jalincol
09-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Hey, I'm a fellow Vermonter and I did some scouting at Egypt valley two years ago before deciding against spending my time down there. The area holds big deer but it is a tough place to hunt when you only get there one week a year. There is plenty of topography to hunt funnels during the rut and plenty of cover to grow big bucks but getting stands hung and good access on foot (good as in low impact) seems very tough to do without much pre-season work. If you have any other questions let me know and good luck if you do hunt there. LOVE HUNTING OHIO!!!!

Lord ToneKing
09-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Egypt Valley has grown into a giant mess imo. 30yrs ago I grouse, duck and deer hunted all that area. It was beautiful! Open fields with pockets of woods all over. Now all those open fields have grown into such thick scrub brush you practically have to crawl thru it. I always wondered what some 'controlled' burning would do for some of that area. That scrub has just taken over

vtbowhunter37
09-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I hear that it's thick. I'm ok with that but from the area maps it seems to have some oak ridges also. I normally try to hunt those pinch points and oak areas. You guys seem like there is no place to using a climber. Or am I reading to much into this?

Thanks,
Tim

vtbowhunter37
09-28-2012, 06:52 PM
9067. Just got my biggest buck back from the taxidermist. Not a monster but I'm proud..

Big_Holla
09-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Very nice buck!! Love the color of the rack and the way the ends curve up.

vtbowhunter37
09-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks Man!