PDA

View Full Version : well the time is finally here....

smokin_aces
09-24-2012, 05:31 PM
for me to get out of the marine corps that is.and what better time than the beginning of deer season, so as of right now i have 7 days to go before the trip back to ohio. over the past 4 years i have been stationed in okinawa japan, pohang south korea, afghanistan and now north carolina. its a great feeling finally getting out and coming back home. 4 years ago i didnt get that much of a season so i guess you can say my last real season was 07 when i shot my 8pt buck and of course a few does to fill the freezer. and then in 08 i only had 2 weeks of hunting. which had an opening day that still haunts my thoughts, sitting in stand till 1030 opening day almost an hour after all the deer left the field i climbed out of my tree and went 150 yards up the field to my buddies stand just to watch a buck that was huge at 150 yards, through the binos even bigger, probably a 150-160 10 pt walk within 20 yards of my stand. that year all i shot was a doe before leaving to the corps. ive had a few days in stand over the past few years but no luck, so i have 4 years of tag soup and im ready to smock check something. the good news about this year is i have 3 months to myself to do nothing but hunt, then its off to lima in january to finish my auto degree as well as high performance and diesel. ok, so sorry for the rant and rave but man it feels good knowing this is my last week in the corps and then its homeward bound for hunting, still have to find a few more places to hunt and scout of course.:001_005:

ghunter
09-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Again thank you for your service. Four years is a long time to not hunt anything. I'm sure this will be the year you get a big buck down. I'm thinking about getting a degree in diesel tech but I'm not 100% sure yet. Let me know how you like it.

smokin_aces
09-24-2012, 10:36 PM
yea i know all my auto so its just getting the paper for that, and ive been building a duramax for a buddy lately and well its much more interesting, plus diesel techs make more money. so y not.lol

ghunter
09-24-2012, 11:33 PM
That's what I'm going with is the more money. Plus there will always be a demand for a diesel tech.

ohiobuckhunter
09-24-2012, 11:40 PM
thanks for your service and best of luck this season

FallnTimber
09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you for putting in your time. Hopefully you will get a big reward this season!! Thanks again

Big_Holla
09-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Thank you for your service to our country!! You have sacrificed a lot and from the sounds of it hunting was one of the many. Most of us take it for granted, myself included, so this year when you get in the woods soak it all in and things will happen for you. Thanks again!

smokin_aces
09-25-2012, 11:11 AM
thanks guys, im def ready to be back in a stand and enjoy the pure peacefulness of nature. and hopefully i can get access to a good spot and have big poppa walk in.