PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising ideas???

so.OH_bowhunter2
09-19-2012, 10:46 PM
My daughter plays competitive fastpitch softball, for a team here in southern Ohio. Tonight I was offered the head coach position for the 10u team which is the team she will be with again next year. Were looking for some fun fundraising ideas for the girls to do in the off season to help with uniforms, tournament cost, etc. Anyone have any ideas, so far we've came up with: some type of dinner, maybe a babysitting night (like on new years or valentines) so the parents can go out, I would like to get 2 tickets to the OSU and Michigan game in Nov. to raffle off but cant swing the extra 250 bucks right now. We're trying to stay away from the usual candy bar and things that you have to sell, but are running outta ideas. Any thoughts?

Big_Holla
09-19-2012, 10:59 PM
There are a few things we have done over the last couple of years....as my daughter is now on a 13U travel softball team. Euchre tournaments are great, not exactly sure how they are set up but I know they raise good money. Bowling fundraisers are pretty good if you can get a bowling alley to offer up a few lanes. Last year her team did a comedy night with a restaurant that does stand up comedy. A new one that actually was pretty easy for us to sell was Football Mania. It's an on-line type of fundraiser where you sell tickets $20 with a chance to win all 17 weeks of football and 70% of the profits go back to the team. You can check it out along with some others at:

http://www.charitymania.com/

Hope that helps!!

Big_Holla
09-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Football squares are good too.......superbowl or perhaps Ohio vs Mich?? $5 or $10 per square.

so.OH_bowhunter2
09-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Football squares are good too.......superbowl or perhaps Ohio vs Mich?? $5 or $10 per square.

Somebody else mentioned those tonight at practice. Im gonna do some research on them tonight, not sure how it works.

ohiobuckhunter
09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
a bow shoot

Big_Holla
09-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Somebody else mentioned those tonight at practice. Im gonna do some research on them tonight, not sure how it works.

You start with a grid that has 10 columns left to right and label it with one team.
Then 10 rows top to bottom and label it with the other team.

You sell the squares with no numbers on it, just the squares and team names.

Ends up being 100 squares x $5 = $500 OR $10 = $1000 The cost is your decision. I have participated in Super Bowl squares @ $20 a square but they weren't as easy to sell.

If you do 50/50 then your prizes for:
$5 = $62.50 for each quarter (Total $250)
$10 = $125 each quarter (Total $500)

Will explain in next post how you find the winner.

Big_Holla
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Once you sell all the squares then you pick numbers 0 thru 9 to fill in along for Team 1 and then again for Team 2. You can use a random number picker or just use numbered pieces of paper thrown into a hat.

The idea is at the end of each quarter you look at the last number for each team. After 4 quarters in the game you will have 4 winners.

Example: First quarter Team 1, say they scored 7, and Team 2, say they scored 3, so the person who purchased that particular block wins.

hortontoter
09-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Up here in Akron they set on the guardrail with a sign stating HOMELESS AND HUNGRY (and always something like GOD BLESS). Must work, they are there day after day sitting on the guardrail smoking cigarettes and talking on their cell phones. People that donate to them must be ignorant. Even had a young girl holding up a sign for donations to get a boob job. Some plastic surgeon did one for her at no cost (I bet it cost somthing).

Not gonna help for the baseball team, buy maybe a car wash. My stepson ran an ad in a newspaper for unwanted garage sale items to raise money for his scout troop. The sale is this weekend so I'll let you know how it works out. I know he was surprised at the response to his ad.

Big_Holla
09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Yep, like hortontoter said with the car wash our local team does that every year. Can try to find a local business that will let you use their water spigot and parking lot for free. Was going to say a pop can drive but you guys don't have returnable pop bottles/cans down there. Makes a few bucks up here.