View Full Version : Broadhead Gizmo Question...Please Help

09-19-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm sure one of you guys can answer this. What is the star shaped thing called between the broadhead and the insert? I assume this is to stop the arrow from penetrating. Maybe used for target shooting. Tell me what you can about the star shaped gizmo. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

09-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm just guessing, but the star looks like it could be a set of bleeder blades, if they are sharp.

09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
That's a small game stopper. People use them behind broadheads or even field points or blunts to help keep the arrow from passing through small game. They are also useful for turkeys to help keep that arrow in them.

Here is a link to BassPro who still carries them:


09-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks Chuck. I had a hunch they were to limit penetration. Never saw them before though. Now I know what they are.