PDA

View Full Version : Buck from last season

ElevenPointer
09-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Last season the second week of bow season I had literally shot through a 9 point at 15 yards a complete pass through just my luck I didnt hit anything vital the shot went in high he actually walked right behind me blind stopped and looked to find out what had bit him then he walked slowly down the hill away from me I had no shot through the woods. Then about six weeks later hunters had walked into the field across from me and I was watching and out popped the 9 point just fine following 3 does and avoiding the hunters I know it was that same one since I put the bino's on him and could see the round spot right below his spine that was missing hair, at least he lived to die another day I never saw him again. So with season winding down and it getting colder I took a shot at this 6 point not huge but a buck is a buck and I was happy to end up with one down on the ground.

00buck
09-18-2012, 11:43 PM
nothing wrong with filling the freezer

mrbb
09-19-2012, 12:21 AM
well bad hits happen to most hunters if they hunt long enough, I have lost a few over the yrs, so klnow how it sucks

but congrats on the buck you ended up with

ElevenPointer
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes it is very disappointing , i really was upset . I was very relieved to see him doing fine later.

Big_Holla
09-19-2012, 05:44 PM
It's amazing how deer can survive things like that but they do. Nice work on the other buck, bet it filled your freezer nicely.