PDA

View Full Version : shed hunting

deerhunter27
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I was wondering where to look to find them. thanks

ohiobuckhunter
09-14-2012, 05:10 PM
In the woods. On the serious side I find most of mine in the thick over grown fields or thickets near winter food sources

mrbb
09-14-2012, 05:43 PM
I mostly find them where they fall off the deer, but have found a few that were dragged off and carried under something!
But to be honest they can simply fall off any place and any where from about Dec to about May
many people find lick near fence's or anything they have to jump over like creeks logs or what ever's
I have my best luck near food plots of in the plots then slef when there digging for food I think helps them come off
but there isn't any real magic place to look, just try to cover a lot of ground and look down
many folks like to look after a rain and the sun comes out, they do shine a little more, same goes in corn firlds, many folks go at night due to looking in cut corn fields in day time can drive you crazy!

most are found in mid to late spring, but you can find them at any time
I found one two weeks ago or so, and have found many in deer season from the yr or yrs before
but do think most get eaten by smaller critters before too long from being dropped

just go where deer are, and sooner or later you will find them
take good walking shoes, and a pair of binoculars to save a lot of what's that over there walks!
many guys are now training there dogs to find, and seem to be MUCH more effective with a good dog, they can smell them I guess, and as such cover a ton more ground faster!
good luck