PDA

View Full Version : my first buck

mrsohiobuckhunter
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
So i thought i would share the story of my first buck on here. I shot him during early muzzleloader season at salt fork state park. I know it wasnt a bow kill but i still have a pretty good story. My husband and i were only 100 yrds apart from each other. In fact this buck came in between us really early in the morning. When I saw im walking towards me i got my muzzy ready took aim and made a perfect shot. however he only ran about 30 yrds away and them stopped so i thought i missed. I reloaded again and put him in my scope to shoot again when i noticed he was doing what we call the "drunken wobble". Unsure of my shoot still i took aim and shot him again. this time he ran only 5 more yrds and went down. I quickly called my husband and told him "i think its an 8 pt". Usually he helps me drag my deer out of the woods however this happened at first light so i told him to stay in his stand and i would start to drag the deer out myself.When i got to the deer i was so excited bout it being an 8 when much to my dismay he ended up being a six! the pic makes him look like a 4 pt haha. I was still happy to have a buck regardless of my slight disappointment so i started dragging it out of the woods. It took me roughly 2 1/2 hrs to do it and no sooner did i get to the truck but 2 game wardens show up and check my tags and license. after they left 12 mins later the park rangers showed up and asked for the same thing. they then asked to take pix so they culd add it to their webpage which of course i allowed. If you go onto saltforkstatepark.org u can see the pictures there. one of me and my buck and one of them checking my license.

tilelayer1
09-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Thats a great hunting experience no matter what weapon you used,and you did a super job.Best of luck to you this year too.Did you also field dress your buck? Every trophy holds its own memory.

Crossfire
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Way to go!

gonehunting 45
09-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Congrats on very nice buck...thanks for sharing.

ghunter
09-11-2012, 11:06 PM
Congrats! That was a nice read.

mrbb
09-12-2012, 12:03 AM
well congrats on a nice buck,good for you
and thanks for the story, sure to get many here thinking about up coming seasons

mrsohiobuckhunter
09-12-2012, 10:58 AM
unfortunetly tilelayer i dont know how to field dress a deer yet so i drug the whole thing guts and all now i wish i knew how to because that would have made it 80 lbs lighter lol

ElevenPointer
09-18-2012, 10:15 PM
congrats on your buck and lol about checking your license and tags it figures lol