PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Fletcher

teej89
09-10-2012, 07:38 PM
I own an arizona e-z fletch and tried fletching blazers (used to always use 4" vanes) with it and I have had issues with them coming off after like 30-40 shots. Has anyone found a remedy to this?

I haven't tried rubbing alcohol before I fletch them, I heard that helps to clean the surface, what type of adhesive do you guys use? Should I get a blazer fletcher? Also the excess glue the squeaks out the edges when you push the blazers onto the shaft, should I clean that off? I typically apply a little more adhesive to the narrow end of the fletching.

gonehunting 45
09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I have two other jigs and had trouble with them sticking. Found out my glue was old. I did use goat-tuff now use fletch-tite platinum. I wipe down the shaft with fine steel wool then with alcohol.The excess glue isn't a problem unless it's a bunch. If that happens I take a Q-tip and lightly run it down the edge. Once the glue dries I put a small drop at each end of the fletching.

00buck
09-19-2012, 12:00 AM
my buddy does mine he uses loctite gel

teej89
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
I actually found out what was going on, one of my two prongs on my rest was higher up than the other and that was catching on the fletching. Somehow that goofy prong didn't affect my arrow flight much. Thanks for the replies though!

Curran
09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
my buddy does mine he uses loctite gel

Ditto here on the gel. A little bit goes a long way!

Also, even though you figured out the issue, I'd still recommend wiping down your arrow shaft with acetone prior to fletching. You need a clean surface for optimal adhesion. Then wipe down any excess glue with a rag to clean up the area.

MQ1
09-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I own an arizona e-z fletch and tried fletching blazers (used to always use 4" vanes) with it and I have had issues with them coming off after like 30-40 shots. Has anyone found a remedy to this?

I haven't tried rubbing alcohol before I fletch them, I heard that helps to clean the surface, what type of adhesive do you guys use? Should I get a blazer fletcher? Also the excess glue the squeaks out the edges when you push the blazers onto the shaft, should I clean that off? I typically apply a little more adhesive to the narrow end of the fletching. I use a Grayling fletching jig dont know about e-z fletch and the pressure it provides to the shaft But if your not using 90% rubbing alcohol the other type will leave a residue on the shafts and could retard adhesion , do to other additives.