PDA

View Full Version : Best yr ever for me getting pics!!

lexfd
09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Just going to see what u all think...Is it the weather or the trophy rocks?? I have not done much different than the past few yrs..I have not put any corn out at all(to much money). This is my 1st yr putting out the rocks, I have always had licks dug in and had good pic. But it is crazy this yr. also there is corn in the field were it has been beans in the past. Anyone having the same luck?

mrbb
09-06-2012, 10:31 PM
this yr more bucks at my place have been hitiing minerals too, could be the drought making them crave a little extras

but other wise about the same amount of pic's, just a little more over minerals than in the food plots and trails leading to them

here in PA I think the very very mild winter is a part of it too, more bucks seemed to make it this yr, as hunting/gun season here wasn't all that great weather wise, allowing more bucks to live too!

hortontoter
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
I think the TR may have more to do with things than you may think. I'm a firm believer in the TR and my property always has one in place. I average 800-1000 photos per week over my TR. I've had the TR in the same spot for approx. 2 1/2 years. You will find that from Oct. -Feb. the deer will not utilize the TR much. At least that has been my experience. The TR is a great tool to inventory your area herd and watching the bucks develop all summer is interesting also.

lexfd
09-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I have been turned to a believer in the TR this yr..I have seen a huge number of does and fawns hitting the TR also. Lot cheaper to keep out than corn!! Looks to b the making of a great yr for sure on the farm.
I will get some pics posted if I can figure it out.

forestman
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I have had good luck with the TR but I gave lucky buck a try this year and think it works better.

SSpengSS
09-08-2012, 03:36 PM
forestman, I had a professional hunter tell me about the Lucky Buck a few months ago, and says he swears by it (not something he is affiliated with either BTW). He did say that the sweeter smell seemed to keep the bigger bucks away for some time, but eventually they came around and are now frequent flyers. I may give that a try next year, but I couldn't be happier with the results from the TR that I have got this year. Good luck!

Bushman
09-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Going to try them both as well.

Ga.transplant
09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
was thinking of trying it but wanted to see what everyone had to say about them. may put one out to see how the deer over here take to it