PDA

View Full Version : Geese

mrbb
09-05-2012, 10:17 PM
well I know there is a couple guys here that like to hunt these things
I have about 300-350 coming every evening now, season just opened here in PA

I don't hunt them, but thought I would share a pic or two
this is just a small group, bigger batch comes later, and first batch flew when I drove up, but
I hate these critters, walking eating craping machines that they are, and way too many don't migrate anymore, these are all resident geese for me too, here all yr!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/mrbb1/dadsvan045.jpg

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/mrbb1/dadsvan046.jpg

longdraw
09-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I'll be right over!!!!!!!!!!

mrbb
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
well come on! bring a few buddies and wipe these things out! be glad to see them all go
but its a long ways to my place to kill a few geese to me!
there here in the AM for a tad then come last say 2 hrs of daylight, other wise on a big dam about a mile away all day staying there
have 20 acres of clover there hammering on me right now, with that many , its a lot of damage
wish I had a few guys closer that liked to kill them!! over the next week or two, and then stop before archery start up to keep the deer coming! shooting gets my deer nocturnal due to so many poachers , thats some what why I don't hunt them! but?? there such a dirty bird, must crap about a hundred times an hr LOL

nomad_archer
09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I hate those things. If I hunted them I'd swing on buy you are only 2 hours or so north of me. But I dont hunt them but if I ever take up the hobby I know where to look. I bet my dogs would love to chase those things around :smash:

mrbb
09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
well your dog is more than welcome to come chase the hell out of them, or if you ever want to shoot some, but 2 hrs with gas being what it is, is a long costly drive for some geese in my book!, they need to have like NO limit on them in my eyes to make making a trip some place for them, all the more so since these are mostly nuisance birds, that live here all yr
there so dam distructiuve on crops/food plots, and even there dam crap isn't even good fertilizer, to at least get some benefit from them, there a total waste in my eye
I like critters, but in floks there size and the damage/costs, I could sure do without them!

OHBooner
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
I can't seem to find any birds around central ohio...

OHBooner
09-07-2012, 03:17 PM
check them for bands!

mrbb
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a bunch of old one from the 60's, haven't killed one in about 10 yrs I think with one, and that was out in ND last time if i recall right

most of these are born right here, never going far, fly between a resivior near by and then feen in my fields mostly
crop damage suckers worse than deer,as geese like to eat the roots thus killing plants, deer at least browse more just