PDA

View Full Version : Homemade ladder stand

so.OH_bowhunter2
09-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Started with a 12' aluminum ladder that was left here at the house when we purchased it. I constructed a platform using 2x6 boards and 1x10 for the flooring, with sufficient bracing in the floor. I found a metal bracket in the building (not sure what it is from, maybe a riding mower deck) and attached it to the back, this worked great for the ratchet strap to connect. We went out and set it up today, it is rock solid in the tree. I placed it next to an old wooden stand that I hunted out of as a kid, thats what the black burlap is. Wish the pics would have turned out better but they were with my phone.

Big_Holla
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Being creative with the tools you have around you can be the way to go!! Back in the day we used to make plenty of ladder treestands and that was our way of being portable. Just make sure you check it often over the years it's out for safety's sake.

radicalxl
09-04-2012, 06:16 AM
The neighbor and I made about 20 stands back in the 1980's. We used TV antena tower that was given to us after people started putting up sat. dishes. A little bit of angle iron, expanded metal for the floor and seat and we were in business. We used chains and a turnbuckles to attach to tree. Thought that would help keep them from being stolen. He only has a couple left, and mine are all gone. The anti-theft device didn't work so well. Take it out after season and it should last you a long time.