PDA

View Full Version : Plot watcher/Camera?

Griz
09-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I've recently bought a primos plot watching camera. I've set it out twice so far. Each time I got 24 thousand to 28 thousand pictures, covering about 6 dys each set. What a tool to see whats coming in the field and from what location. Its like I,m setting there in the stand. Anyone else have this good of an experiece? I know the stands I've put in area not a waste of time. It almost feels like cheating.

mrbb
09-03-2012, 11:30 AM
no but I have been wanting to try one of them
how about a few sample pic's, to see what kind of pictures they take , as I wonder how they will work on a bigger field, say 7-8 acres in size, will things been seen tofar out and just not be able to tell what they are then? as that wouldn't help me, so
any pic's you can share?

Griz
09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
If there are any negatives about the camera, it is after 80 or so yrds the picture is not clear enough to tell points or age. This one recommends that it will help you out to 200yrds. At that distance it just a blur. You kind of go on color to determine what it is. But it will pin point the location the animal enters the field. Because of my past experience with cameras I couldn't put money into a high end plot watcher. This Primos is less than 100 bucks. You can spend alot more and get higher pixals, which would probably help. I can't give you a sample of pics, because you need the soft ware to even be able to see the pics. It took awhile for me to run the program but I think I have it down now. It takes about 10 mins to down load card and play one days worth of pics. It looks alot like a movie but not very smooth. Don't get me wrong, you can see whats going on.
I just don't know how much technology is to much? My justification is the time saved by using it. Our lives are to busy!!

jdgraham515
09-06-2012, 08:20 PM
I have the moultrie plot watcher cam and i've been unsure about trying the plot watcher mode. I'm gonna have to give it a try now!

lexfd
09-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Great tool!!
We have had good luck with our plot cams...also great for large open woods on a ridge top. U can see where the big boys r crossing at without spooking them.

mrbb
09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
yrs ago I used to set up a video camera over food plots last 2 hrs of evenings and then hunt in other plots locations and watch the vid's later that day and see what I MAybe could have shot,
some days you might wish you didn't watch LOl
but I like the idea, I am interested in them for trespassers, and need better pic quality thats some what why I asked for a sample pic to see , but sounds like it wouldn't do any good other than if close or, to see where and when they walk where ever!

but sounds like a fun cam to have

does it fill up your storage fast on your computer/ or do you delete after viewing??, seems like thats a lot of pic's to such up space.useage of a computer

Griz
09-06-2012, 08:46 PM
yrs ago I used to set up a video camera over food plots last 2 hrs of evenings and then hunt in other plots locations and watch the vid's later that day and see what I MAybe could have shot,
some days you might wish you didn't watch LOl
but I like the idea, I am interested in them for trespassers, and need better pic quality thats some what why I asked for a sample pic to see , but sounds like it wouldn't do any good other than if close or, to see where and when they walk where ever!

but sounds like a fun cam to have

does it fill up your storage fast on your computer/ or do you delete after viewing??, seems like thats a lot of pic's to such up space.useage of a computer

You can flag the pictures that have deer in them and delete the rest. It does have a send to a friend button. I will look at a little closer but I not that handy with computers. I have a tough time downloading on this site. I should ask my granddaughter HA!HA!

Griz
09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I have the moultrie plot watcher cam and i've been unsure about trying the plot watcher mode. I'm gonna have to give it a try now!

I have a Moultrie M-80 with plot watch, it has a cd to download so you can see the pictures. But I have never got it to work, thats why i bought the Primos. Customer service at Moultrie could not help me. But I will admit the M-80 works good as a regular trail camera.

Dan
09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I have 2 of the day 6 plot watchers and I just ordered a third. It's a great way to pattern your deer and scout stand locations. Yes the long range resolution isn't great but it tells me what I need to know about a stand locations. Great tool!

RackCityOutdoors
09-20-2012, 02:58 PM
No software needed just right click select always use this program to view this type of files then click real player and then you can upload if not it stays a mtl file...