PDA

View Full Version : Politics and Hunting

fatboy
08-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Anyone here the interview with Paul Ryan last night on Fox saying he does some of his best thinking while in his tree-stand in Wisconsin. An avid bow hunter as the VP who also graduated from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.

Hope he keeps it up if he gets into office. Love to see the secret service camo'd up in the woods.

Griz
08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
absolutely a great vp pick. you guys in ohio are in a swing state. Mitt and Paul need your vote. Ower freedom is at stake. Paul Ryan being a bow hunter is good but being able to make tough desisions is even better. I'll shut up now.

MQ1
08-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Anyone but what we have! Sad i have to look at it that way , but Paul Ryan being a Sportsman takes it over the top!

bds9
08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Not gonna get too involved in politics, but didn't cheney also consider himself a sportsman? And then he shot someone on accident!

nomad_archer
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Not gonna get too involved in politics, but didn't cheney also consider himself a sportsman? And then he shot someone on accident!

hahaha i believe it was his hunting partner.... but im not talking politics with friends it never turns out well.

radicalxl
08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Well I have heard them all from JFK on up, and if you still believe what any of them say, then you still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Clause.

JMax510
08-28-2012, 08:44 PM
He's definately getting my vote!

bds9
08-28-2012, 10:38 PM
I couldn't agree more!! In my experience politics are best kept to yourself! I've never had someone change my stance on politics by expressing their beliefs on me, nor do I expect my views/beliefs to change theirs!!

Stonegod
08-29-2012, 05:45 AM
Well I have heard them all from JFK on up, and if you still believe what any of them say, then you still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Clause. Are you inferring that there isn't a tooth fairy or Santa Clause!!!??

radicalxl
08-30-2012, 06:10 AM
I sure am.

nomad_archer
08-30-2012, 02:56 PM
now you've crushed all my hopes and dreams... i thought that fat man really existed

Greybeard11
08-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Make your own decision who to vote for.....but get out and vote!!!

nomad_archer
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Make your own decision who to vote for.....but get out and vote!!!

Isnt that the truth. I dont care who you vote for but at least exercise the right... Its a right that people faught for so dont take it for granted.

tilelayer1
08-31-2012, 10:20 PM
I wont comment on politics or religion...or how good someone else's wife looks,could get you into trouble !!

radicalxl
09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Just to stir things up a bit and back up what I said earlier. I noticed that alot of you guys have quotes by Ted Nugent. I love the Madman as a musician. Have seen him several times starting in the 70's and as recent as a couple of weeks ago in Chester WV. At that concert he was his usual outspoken self. One of his statements was we need to get the criminals out of the White House. We need to restore the jobs and our economy in this country. He goes on to say that this is the best country in the world and "F" all the rest of them except Canada, I like to go up there and hunt bear. LOL. I liked that one.
But, never once did he mention Mitt Romney's name. That suprised me. I am a registered Independant and like to hear facts about all the candidates so I can figure out who I feel is the best for the job. What also suprised me was the $100.00 in T-shirts I bought with his name and face on them were made in El Salvador.
Point, I like Ted for his musicianship, his songs, dedication to perfection and ability to always entertain me after all these years. I don't go see Ted for what he preaches, and I don't believe everything I hear in the political arena. He's one of my favorites for what he does as a musician not what he has said, because you just can't believe everything you hear.

blackbeard
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
For me it boils down to which two best relate to my life. So on one hand you have a President from Chicago who has no idea what living in the country is all about and a Vice-President from the east coast who doesn't relate to me one bit. On the other hand you have a presidential candidate who probably has no idea what living in the country means and a vice-presidential candidate who actually bow hunts! Wow, this is an easy choice!

radicalxl
09-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Yea, and if they win, how much does the VP do? How often do you hear about them? Joe who? The more we learn about this Ryan guy, the more we might want him for the top job in the future.

Griz
09-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Your right the vp does not do that much, unless the president dies than the vp is president. (Oh my god president biden)!!!. The vp is also the vote in the senate that brakes a tie vote. Ryan is most qualified for sure.

I know Mitt is a rich guy. And unlikely to understand the woods as we do. But he does have a summer home on lake winne in my home state. Its all country up there no big malls, just country living. So maybe he has an idea what its like.

If you watched the convention or some of it I think you would of learned alot. For intance you goverenor was awsome, it sounds like he's done a good job in balancing your state budget. Just courios seeing I don't live in Ohio, is he telling the truth?

Bow season opens here on the 15th, I,m ready with 13 stands out. Good luck to everyone.

radicalxl
09-02-2012, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=

If you watched the convention or some of it I think you would of learned alot. For intance you goverenor was awsome, it sounds like he's done a good job in balancing your state budget. Just courios seeing I don't live in Ohio, is he telling the truth?

Bow season opens here on the 15th, I,m ready with 13 stands out. Good luck to everyone.[/QUOTE]
Thats the point, I don't have access to the state of Ohio's Quick books program. These guys are trying to get elected/reelected they will say anything. President Al Gore, President Dan (did I spell his name right?) Quale, President Spiro Agnew, and there was this guy named Ford, he did become President and couldn't beat the worst president we ever had. For all you young folks out there would be Jimmy Carter. LOL. If they had the qualifications to become President their parties would somehow push them to the forefront and get them nominated. The only President to have a balanced budget since Nixon was Clinton, so they say. Is this true? I don't know. What comes after Trillion? is it Kazillion?

Toke2
09-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Wait... I'm o.k. with no Tooth Fairy ( a little shocked, but o.k. with it), but NO SANTA?? I have been banking on getting my first BIG buck the last couple of years, by waiting for one to land on my roof on Christma Eve.... ...Guess I can take the tree stand down in the backyard, and I'll skip putting the trailcam on my chimney this year. I'll have to settle for Giant Rabbit hunting around Easter........ Where's my Hosenphefer!!??

radicalxl
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Awe man, I did forget the big bunny didn't I.

mneal
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Too bad he is not the Pres. candidate instead of the VP. Mediocre Mitt is not nearly as exciting as the prospect of Ryan... that would make the libs awfully nervous!