PDA

View Full Version : Ready For Season!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
08-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Stands are up, lanes are cut, mineral sites and food plots are in, cameras are up. Now just more shooting practice and hopefully collecting some nice pictures and a 5 week wait. I have had trouble with my camera's this year though. Hopefully I finally have them working right. Anyone else done ready and waiting?

hortontoter
08-25-2012, 08:12 AM
I am just about ready. All my stands are placed. I put up a pop up blind last Monday which was the last stand to place. Trophy Rock has been in place for nearly two years and has given me a good idea of my buck inventory. Have a few small chores that are not really hunting related to do at my cabin site. But, hopefully they will be done in a week or so. After that the biggest chore will be the wait.

ibppmd
08-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Just put my primary stand up today. Cameras out and plot up/in since June. Waiting til the last minute to put my public land stand up. Best of luck. KB

MICH
08-25-2012, 10:02 PM
coming down this weekend to make trails, food plots ( got a 45 hp jd with loader & 6 ft. tiller,...fun,fun ) also putting out a feeder for the first time down there....neighbor has seen 4 bucks over 170....when a local calls them HUGE i pay attention...have a safe weekend

00buck
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
not even close to being ready i have to get bow sighted back in as i had it turned up 8 pounds and shooting different arrows and still have to finish cutting lanes on one more stand and make a quite entry way into another stand any ideas on that would be great it is gull of tall grass and saplings

teej89
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Is it the end of September yet? I feel like it's been September for the past 4 weeks and the outdoor channel is not helping constantly airing bow hunting shows.

mrbb
09-03-2012, 04:37 PM
well I am not ready at all, and really its cause I just don't have the motivation as in past yrs
minus doing the food plots, I more or less have nothing else ready
all the stands need trimming, plus a good 7-8 stands to hang , and none of my gear is dug out yet
I have shot some, but not as in past yrs
just don't have the drive anymore
don't even care if I kill a deer again this yr
will get out there but ?????

ManOfTheFall
09-04-2012, 12:16 AM
I will be checking the camera's again sometime this week. I will be posting any good pics if I get any.

Jim D
09-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Setting up next sat. Going to be on the ground most of the time this year with my son. We have a couple camera out just to take a look with some good results. Has anyone hunted out of a double ladder stand? Thinking about putting one out in a heavier traveled area.

ManOfTheFall
09-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I checked the camera's on Friday. The one camera isn't working very well but the other one seems to be doing a little better. I got a pic of a nice crab claw 10 point. He does look a little young though. I think he is 2 1/2, possibly 3 1/2. Once I get the pic posted you guys can look at him and tell me what you think. It is also just a profile pic (broadside view) so it's hard to judge what he might score. From what I see of him he probably looks two years away from the hit list. Also, I had a nice treat show up on the cam. I have a piebald doe. If I get a chance at her, she will definitely be taking a dirt nap. I will work on getting these posted. Also, this year I decided to try putting in some small food plots for the first ever. I planted them Aug. 24th. I checked them the same time I checked my camera's. One looks to be doing really well. The other one looks good in some spots and not so good in other spots. So far I am happy with the results.

Crossfire
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Done & Ready. Never been more prepared than I am this season

jklingenstein
09-12-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm hunting a new area this season (just moved to Wayne County)

I've been scouting off and on for the past two months but now I'm starting to get serious.
Shooting every night (compound and xbow)

ManOfTheFall
09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
I was out shooting the new bow again today. Inside of thirty yards, I am extremely accurate. 30 yards and out my shots begin wandering around the black with a few in the black every now and then. My buddy was with me and he was watching me real close trying to pinpoint my problem. When I get out to the longer ranges for some reason I grip the bow alot tighter than I normally do. He said relax the grip and that pretty much solved the problem. It was getting darker though about that time so I didn't get to shoot much after that. I was amazed though how just relaxing the grip the grouping in the black came back just like that.

deerhunter27
09-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah I am ready have stands up lanes cut minerals out have to pull cards from cameras tomorrow

ohiorut
09-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Not as ready as I wish I was at this point of time. But, like every year, I'm late, and then tell myself I will get out earlier come next year. Never happens. One set of stands up at property 1. Need to set stands at property 2 still. PROCRASTINATION...

I plan on getting my butt out there earlier come next year!

Dan
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Not even close to ready. I have a couple stand locations picked out I just need to get out when the conditions are right and start hanging some. Been shooting a few nights a week and feel very good out to thirty. I'll back off the weight on the bow alittle bit and sight in again next week. Need to get clothes, safety gear, and stands inspected and ready for deployment. Think I'll work on that now.

ElevenPointer
09-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Im past ready im like a kid at Christmas waiting for the parents to wake up and open my presents cant wait to get out there, blinds are up clothes are washed and ready now just waiting on September 29 since im off of work. Good luck to all on your first hunts.

ManOfTheFall
09-20-2012, 12:06 AM
I am basically 9 days and a few hours away until I will be on stand. Besides checking over all my equipment and making sure I have everything ready to go here is what my schedule will be like over that time frame. Target practice Thursday, check camera's on Friday. More target practice on Saturday and Monday. Target practice and check camera's on Next Thursday. Then, I will be in the stand about 6:20 AM, Saturday the 29th!!!!!! I'm not real sure what stand I will be in yet but depending on what I see or don't see on the camera's that may dictate where I sit. Good luck this season to all my fellow hunters and team mates!!!!!

Big_Holla
09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Stands are all set down there, lanes are trimmed as much as they can be, food plots are in and growing, access routes are all cleaned out and ready, etc.. Now it's just shoot....shoot.....and shoot some more!! Glad I was able to get my bow cranked back up to where I was last season after having my neck surgery. That was my biggest concern this year. Just got to get all my clothing and boots washed and smoked up and I'll be ready to go.

mrsohiobuckhunter
09-20-2012, 06:30 PM
we just put up our last stand yesterday, last mineral rock aswell. and pulled our cameras. now all thats left to do is stay out, wait, and anticipate

JeepGirl
09-23-2012, 04:27 PM
I have everything ready for Saturday & counting the days down...Then today the 3 men in my life are fighting on whos hunting with me & where...wooooo boys there will be a pot of stew on the stove with homemade biscuts... Ill be in my stand before sunup till after sundown its going to be a fend for yourself kind of day....Honestly this happened this morning their still tring to figure out where there going... lol had to have been here...anyone else have this problem?

JeepGirl
09-23-2012, 04:30 PM
I have everything ready for Saturday & counting the days down...Then today the 3 men in my life are fighting on whos hunting with me & where...wooooo boys there will be a pot of stew on the stove with homemade biscuts... Ill be in my stand before sunup till after sundown its going to be a fend for yourself kind of day....Honestly this happened this morning their still tring to figure out where there going... lol had to have been here...anyone else have this problem?

ManOfTheFall
09-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Shooting today at 4. Shooting and checking camera Thursday at 4. I will be in the stand on Saturday no later than 6:20am. Hopefully I will draw "First Blood"!!!!! Good luck to all!!!!!

mneal
09-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Hung another stand on Saturday... cleared the rest of my shooting lanes... staying out until Sturday morning now. I have three shooter bucks on camera... hoping one of them makes an appearance this weekend. Thank you Lord for another beautiful fall season in SE Ohio.

PlayTheWindMike
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM
I am ready with 6 stands up and my extra climber ready to go. I will be hunting where I normally hunt and will be focusing on three different bucks and two of them are from my sheds if you look at my pics you will see from last season. One looks like 16 point and the other 18 or 19. The third is bigger but 14 pt with one large drop. That's my regular spot.

Spot 2: new, 75 acre farm. back 22 acres nothing but acorns and hardwoods. I scouted it and there are highways all throughout. I will have to update you all later. Good luck to everyone.

smokin_aces
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
yea im waiting to get back to ohio oct 2, the bow is tip top shape all broadhead tuned and everything, my military contract is up oct 2 at noon, so driving straight back and starting to put stands up and get out there and slay something.

ManOfTheFall
09-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Shooting went great on Monday. 20, 30, 40, and anything before and inbetween, it doesn't matter. The deer will be taking a dirt nap!!!!!