PDA

View Full Version : QAD Rest

buck58
08-22-2012, 10:55 PM
I am shooting a qad drop away rest on my new Mathews and I keep getting contact on my fletched. I am shooting gold tip hunter xt arrows with the factory 2 in fletches. When ppl use this rest are they putting the colored fletch pointing up or down? Seems like it is hitting both up or down?
Also I put the camo felt on the rest and it seems like the drop away part catches on the top bar if it's not pressed down often?
Anyone else have these problems?

FallnTimber
08-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Well 1st I would check the vertical height of the rest. Arrow should be pretty close to center of rest bolt hole. 2nd check the timing, with the rest down draw your bow and you want the rest to pop up the last inch and a half to inch of your draw. Is adjusted by the cord going to cable. and last which model do you have?? The basic model I think its around $50 or so, can bounce up and hit fletchings/arrow. The LD, HD and HDX dont bounce, Eliminating that problem. I shoot the HDX and would recommend it to anyone. Cock feather up. If your not to keen on working on your bow take it to a bow shop and have them look at it. The guy that set it up originally may not have know exactly what he was doing. Had it happen to me. I would suggest taking it back in. While your in there if your not familiar with paper tuning get it done. Best of luck. And there are plenty of people on here that can help you.

Crossfire
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I've been shooting a QAD for 2 years now on my PSE Evo. It was a bear to get tuned properly & I experienced all the same problems
you've experienced. However, once the tuning was dialed in it's caused no further problems.

MQ1
09-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I have a RipCord code red and pretty much the same type of rest and i run my arrows cock feather out , and have no issues. maybe you can try that.

Big_Holla
09-11-2012, 12:45 PM
With the QAD, if it's an older model w/ straight bar over the top, you will likely get the best fletching (Blazer Vanes) clearance by having the cock fletch slightly out (L or R), the way you used to do it back when you were a kid. The best thing to do is to nock an arrow, lift the rest into position, hold the arrow in place (or have someone do it for you), release the arrow rest to the back down position and then look straight down the shaft from the string end. You should clearly see where the vanes will hit.

However, you may still have an interference with the top bar but it will be minimized. I shot for a while this way but knowing I was still contacting that top bar really bothered me. So for me, I ended up cutting off the top bar and rotated the nock to have that one vane vertical. Seemed to give me the best clearance in the end. Some of the newer models have a curve in that top bar now, I assume to help with that clearance and if that is the case, with what you have, the best way is to have the cock vane straight up and down.