PDA

View Full Version : Blazer Veins vs Traditional 4" Veins

teej89
08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Just interested, I say Blazer.

BUCK22
08-22-2012, 02:27 PM
there was a few of us shooting the other night talking about this.i preffer shooting 4" but they are getting harder to find i think they shoot a little better but maybe its just me.

teej89
08-22-2012, 02:39 PM
yeah it is a tough call, because of my profession I think of it not from experience but through theory and the way I see it is that the veins are going to be more stiff on the blazers and therefore when the arrow is rotating, the veins are more sturdy and not flapping around due to the wind drag. I could be pulling this outta my ... but it's a theory. Also another theory is the blazers have less surface area for wind to grab onto when shooting in crosswinds.

00buck
08-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I shoot blazers and dont have any complaints but i never had a problem with 4" veins either i think it is all personal preference but i also shoot rage broadheads alsoif that makes i difference this year i plan on shooting a fixed blade broad head out of my back up compound bow

radicalxl
08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Last year I switched to blazers and stayed with my grim reapers. With this combination I shot the best I ever shot.

patmc81
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Have always used blazer "style "

C-CREEK
08-28-2012, 01:36 PM
This is interesting because i just bought a dozen new arrows with blazers a couple of weeks ago. I used to shoot 4" duravanes but i haven't been pleased with longer range grouping. The blazers have seemed to help my grouping quite a bit at 30-50 yards shooting 100 gr Slick Tricks.

To me they have been a good change, not saying it would improve every set up though.

buckeye96
08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
I switched to blazers this year, but I also bought a new bow. My groups are dramaticly tighter. I think it has more to do with the new bow and rest than the blazers though.

Greybeard11
08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Is there anyone out there other than me that uses feathers? I have been toying with the idea of Blazers, my son shoots them, but I've never had a problem with my 4 inch feathers.

Mike F
08-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Is there anyone out there other than me that uses feathers? I have been toying with the idea of
Blazers, my son shoots them, but I've never had a problem with my 4 inch feathers.

Other than some trad. shooters, I think your the last one. I shot feathers forever before changing over, but won't go back.
Feathers shoot faster off the bow, but lose on the long range shots. Loved shooting feathers, but the vanes have some advantages in the wet weather, and durability.

Still can't wrap my head around the short tall vanes, still shoot 4" low profile vanes. Just afraid of hitting something that I didn't see, with the vanes. So I stick with a vane that's about the same profile as my broadhead.

Greybeard11
08-31-2012, 08:45 PM
I was afraid I was one of the last ones! I like the forgiveness of feathers if you happen to bump something during flight and I never really noticed any difference when they are wet, at least at normal hunting ranges. I will try Blazers someday, maybe when I run out of feathers!, Didn't mean to get off subject here...sorry

radicalxl
09-01-2012, 07:24 AM
I was afraid I was one of the last ones! I like the forgiveness of feathers if you happen to bump something during flight and I never really noticed any difference when they are wet, at least at normal hunting ranges. I will try Blazers someday, maybe when I run out of feathers!, Didn't mean to get off subject here...sorry
I too shot feathers untill 2008. Then I switched to a new bow and went with the vanes. The Blazers peaked my interest and I thought why not give it a try. As I said earlier it was a good move. I also know how hard it is to switch from something that works.