PDA

View Full Version : Some food plots in!

taylor6400
08-16-2012, 01:50 PM
This spring i picked up a 6' PTO tiller and put her to some use over the summer. I tilled a 1 full acre plot and another 1/4 acre plot at one farm and 2 smaller plots at another. I also picked up a cultipacker off ebay this summer so i got to use it when i finally got planting.

I had sprayed in June, tilled early July, sprayed again 2 weeks ago tilled and planted last week.

Here was the Ebay score at a great price. He also sold a 6.5' disc and a 2 bottom plow. They all sold for under $300 a piece...i should have bought them all.

Here was the 1 acre after tilling.

Here is after planting the first half of it with Brassicas. Purple top turnip, Dwarf Essex Rape, and Groundhog Radish

Here it is only a WEEK later (last night) and growing like crazy

And here is the quarter acre plot.

I am going to plant a grain and clover mixture in the other half of the larger plot within the next couple weeks. I am excited to see what happens. And had a lot of fun doing this so far. Maybe more so than hunting!

mrbb
08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
a tiller must be great, one pass and done more or less!
and I have a same like cultipacker(10 ft wide) love mine
just did 4 acres today myself , 12 hr day but all done

Big_Holla
08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Looking GREAT!! Tillers are the way to go any more for smaller food plots like what we all plant for deer. That cultipacker sure made those plots look purty!!