08-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Biologic will test your soil and let you know what u will need to do

ibppmd
08-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Biologic will test your soil and let you know what u will need to do

Thanks a million for the advice. I'll look into it tomorrow. KB

mrbb
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
almost all the food plot seed companys will do a test for you, so will local soil conservation agency's in your area

a tip all the food plot comopanys use the same lab for testing too, but they all charge different prices

I tend to use the biologic form, for two reasons, there the cheapest of the major brands, and they will both e mail you results and hard land mail you them, and are pretty fast

and if you don't know
when you take a soil sample
use a plasit bucket, and collect soil from as many sections of your plot sit as you can from about 2 inches down, and then mix it all real well, and send in soil from the bucket after its ben mixed
and try not to use a rusty shovel
the metal from the shovel can alter the results of the test, as well, metal is a mineral
yrs back they used to tell you to use a plastic shovel to get the best results, but so few have one,???

I try to dig a chunk of dirt, and take the dirt as far away from the shovel as possible, to keep a clean a sample as I can get
gets you better results!

Big_Holla
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Whitetail Institute also does, for a named brand seed company. Like mrbb said, your local soil agency will probably be your best route. If you aren't sure where to go then stop in at a feed elevator or co-op and ask there. They should be able to point you in the right direction or even do it for you there as well.

mrbb
08-09-2012, 07:58 PM
whitetail institute uses the same lab as biologic but charges more

I called the lab one day and they asked me who I was getting it done through, they told me they do testing for many seed companys

why I said , they all use same lab
crazy! same test different prices based on NAME of seed company!

Big_Holla
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM
whitetail institute uses the same lab as biologic but charges more

I called the lab one day and they asked me who I was getting it done through, they told me they do testing for many seed companys

why I said , they all use same lab
crazy! same test different prices based on NAME of seed company!

LMAO well there ya go.......here's yer sign!!

mrbb
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
HA HA HA

I was surprised when I talk with the Lab as well

would think with the$$ these companys wiould be doing in house testing for customers, but guess uts cheaper to go with a place that is all set up