PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting stats

blackbeard
08-08-2012, 01:07 AM
I'm closing out my 2011-2012 hunting journal and getting my 2012-2013 journal ready. So I have last year's data all tallied up and have been comparing it to past years' data. While my doe sightings and doe to buck ratio was way down in 2010-2011, last year's data was more promising as far as deer numbers. See below.

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/files/2/2/3/my_stats_2003-2012_thumb.jpg (http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=2259)

hortontoter
08-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Why do you only keep stats only up until gun season. Just curious.

mrbb
08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
well seems like your averages are pretty close yr to yr, which means to me your area is pertty deer friendly with a few spikes here and there, whickh to me could mean a lot of things
I think its great to keep data like that, gives you something to look back at cool thanks for sharing!

ohiowhitetails
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
always like seeing your data journals BB, thanks for the info!

MICH
08-08-2012, 10:15 PM
THAT IS NEAT......THANKS FOR SHARING

blackbeard
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Why do you only keep stats only up until gun season. Just curious.

I keep stats throughout the entire deer season but only really pay attention to them up until gun season because things change so much around here after gun season as far as deer behavior (sightings, routines, etc). And to be honest I don't bowhunt much after gun season for those reasons.

Toke2
08-12-2012, 10:18 PM
This is a great Idea. I am going to start t similar tracking sheet. I hunt private and public so I may keep two separate. If for no other reason - it would be cool to look back at how the years stacked up. Do you make any decisions/changes based on this? Not sure if you manage some land, plot, etc....

blackbeard
08-13-2012, 09:50 PM
This is a great Idea. I am going to start t similar tracking sheet. I hunt private and public so I may keep two separate. If for no other reason - it would be cool to look back at how the years stacked up. Do you make any decisions/changes based on this? Not sure if you manage some land, plot, etc....

I mainly look at my stats for each stand site from the previous year and see how many sightings I had for each, if I saw any good bucks from each stand, and decide if I'll be putting a stand back there the next year. The goal is to try and find those year-after-year stand sites that always produce, but I don't find them every year. That is the key, finding those great stand sites, which is difficult to do.

deerguy10
08-14-2012, 07:55 PM
cool thanks for sharing... seems like a great idea to get to know your area and deer better!