PDA

View Full Version : just over 50 days to go

jsyn
08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Alright Guys. just over 50 days to opening day.... who is even close to being ready? I am for sure.... it can't come fast enough.... been shooting 3 days a week..... clothes all washed and in container and all gear organized. tags purchased and dvr set to watch outdoor channel 24/7

ok I know I have a problem here.....lol

00buck
08-07-2012, 12:14 PM
not ready yet still need to trim lanes and get more broad heads before the opener

irishhacker
08-07-2012, 12:22 PM
I am completely ready..
All the scouting is done.. though I will continue to patrol the perimeter of the property all summer with a camera and binos.
All the stands are hung..
All the shooting lanes are trimmed..
All 3 food plots are in and doing well..( needed a lot of help from us this year.. no help from mother nature )
Broadheads are all sharp and ready to go...
All of my hunting clothes are washed and packed into a early season tub and a late season tub WITH wafers.
My backpack is packed and ready to go.. including license and tags.
ATV is serviced and ready to rock.
I have all of my stuff in the trailblazer ready to go..
On opening day, all I have to do is grab my bow and get in the truck.
Only thing I have to do till opening day is check trail cams..
I am more prepared this year than ever...
Believe me when I tell you I put the work in this year..
All three food plots were done by hand.. walk behind rototiller.. No tractor or ATV accessories..

hortontoter
08-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Wow, some of you guys are ready to go. I have a few small things to attend to, most are just small things. I do have one wooden box stand that I need to move sometime in the next couple of weeks. I don't plan to use this stand this season, but want it placed where I may use it next season.

bigcountry
08-07-2012, 08:49 PM
well i feel im ready to go but every year i find something i forget to do until last minute..hahaha i get too anxious

ohiowhitetails
08-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I have a few stands that need lanes cleared yet. Clothes need washed and I need to buy my tags.

blackbeard
08-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Having a 3 year old and 9 month old.....I am nowhere close to being ready. I have a lot to do in the next 30 days. Unlike past years I will not be putting in as many hours on stand prior to the last part of October. If it's hot, humid, or a stagnant wind day, I'm staying home this year. I've spent too many days on stand sweating, fighting mosquitoes, stinking up the woods, my clothes, and all my gear, and alerting deer to the fact they are being hunted. And usually only seeing deer right at dark. So on the cooler, steady wind, before or after storm days in early season I'll be on stand, but not on the warm weather days. It'll be tough to do but I think it'll work out better for me. Time will tell.