PDA

View Full Version : BUYING A TRAIL CAMERA

rrennec2
08-02-2012, 10:58 PM
LOOKING AT GETTING A NEW TRAIL CAMERA AND WANTED TO KNOW EVERYONES OPINION ON WHAT TO BUY. LET ME KNOW WHAT KIND YOU HAVE AND THE PROS AND CONS.

ghunter
08-02-2012, 11:46 PM
I run a cuddeback attack it and a tasco 5mp. They both work good the attack however works far better but also has 3 times the price tag. The tasco gets a lot of butt or empty shots where the attack is centered every time. I still get empty shots but not anywhere near the tasco.

The attack takes great night shots but very poor video but it is a nice touch to have a video right after a pic is taken. Also the whole screen is visible at night with the attack where the tasco is only right in the middle.

forestman
08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I would rather have a couple cameras instead of a high dollar one.I like the moultree M80 the best and the primos 35 next.Make sure and buy littium batteries for the moultree.

mrbb
08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
well my 2 cents
I like the cuddebacks, yes they have down falls too, (no battery level and not as many settings/options as some of the others)

they might cost mroe than the CHEAP models out there, but to me the point of a cam is to take pictures of what walks past it

I have used cheap cam's and higher ends cams
ALL the cheap cam's I used(under 200 bucks more or less)
all have super slow wake up and trigger speeds, thus missing TONS of critters, trespassrs and what nots, some have been OK over bait and food plots, but thats about all I use them for(yes I still have some)

the things I like best about cuddebacks is, one super fast trigger speeds, clear pic's and they have the absoulte best designed metal bear box out there to help prevent a cam you paid good money for from walking off, every other camera MFG out there leaves the lock in easy access to just be cut off with bolt cutters, the cuddebacks are much more protected, not impossible, but somoen has to work a lot harder
wish they were made of beefier metal,another down fall

and to me color nite time pic's are the best, and well they still have a flash model, which few other makers have any more
so for them reson there the cam's I suggest
unless your pockets are deep then I would suggest a reconox or a buck eye cam, they are about the best cams out there period in my eye's

but a lot of coin to get one, and I have too many crooks here!

I highly suggest you read a few of the game cam review web sites, they will give you much better EXACT info on trigger times batteryu life and what models do what and most have prices too

have to ask yourself too, what you want the cam for
like over bait/feder or on a trail
then get a cam to match your needs/budget! and don't forget that each maker , has cam's in generations and different part numbers too as they worked the bugs out of older models, thus why its best to get a AS new as you can when buying too!

Griz
08-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I've posted about this subject before and someone, sorry I can't remember who, said to go to trailcampro.com and click on trail camera reiviews. The info is the best. It will help you make a better choice. Good luck.