PDA

View Full Version : Hang on stands

buckmaster1100
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
What's the safest hang on stands on the market.

Chad

MandRroofing
08-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Lone wolf makes a solid product...

buckmaster1100
08-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks I will have to look in to them.

ohiowhitetails
08-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I have a few ameristep hang ons, no complaints

MICH
08-02-2012, 09:41 PM
lone wolf's are great stands, very easy to set up and quiet when it gets cold out

mrbb
08-02-2012, 10:30 PM
well safest, lots of them are all about teh same if you ask me
I think most folks hang them too long, most stand MFG's tell you not to leave a loc on on a tree for more than like week at a time
I know few folks that do that
most I know add a second ratchet strap to add some protection
over the yrs I know I have used the doudle strap for piece of mind
and over the yrs I have made custom brases , a simple piece of metal to run across the stands backing and then lag bolt it all to the tree, on private lands I have permission, as both a safety measure and well, a way to keep stands from walking away

as for hanging stands, last several yrs I have brought in a ladder to hang them, safest easiest way I know how, and then put in steps or a ladder or ?? to get in and out also with the ladder

I have found that simply mounting a ladder on my ATV, I can carry everything easy and all at once, and
having the ladder i get to see what the view is like before i commit to hanging a stand

good luck, and have a safe season!

00buck
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
summit is what i use and have had no problems as of yet

OHBooner
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM
If you have the cash to with lone wolf. They're amazing.

blackbeard
08-05-2012, 11:25 PM
If they are ATSMA (?) certified I consider them safe. You are more likely to fall getting into and out of than having a treestand fail. I like Big Game, Remington, Sportsman's Guide, Gorilla, Lone Wolf.

bigcountry
08-06-2012, 02:13 PM
im a fan of gorilla personally. just have to try and try until you find one you like...but most of them are comfortable and if its a new stand by a manufacturer heard of then its set with safety standards so i wouldnt worry too much about that as long as you wear your safety vest you're good to go

Mac
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
well safest, lots of them are all about teh same if you ask me
I think most folks hang them too long, most stand MFG's tell you not to leave a loc on on a tree for more than like week at a time
I know few folks that do that
most I know add a second ratchet strap to add some protection
over the yrs I know I have used the doudle strap for piece of mind
and over the yrs I have made custom brases , a simple piece of metal to run across the stands backing and then lag bolt it all to the tree, on private lands I have permission, as both a safety measure and well, a way to keep stands from walking away

as for hanging stands, last several yrs I have brought in a ladder to hang them, safest easiest way I know how, and then put in steps or a ladder or ?? to get in and out also with the ladder

I have found that simply mounting a ladder on my ATV, I can carry everything easy and all at once, and
having the ladder i get to see what the view is like before i commit to hanging a stand

good luck, and have a safe season!

Fantastic advice about mounting the ladder to the ATV, or UTV in my case! Kind of a "DOH! Why didn't I think of that" moment!

Farmboy
08-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Get something you like in your price range. I will overlook some safety aspects because I wear a harness. Wearing a safety harness should be your number one concern if you don't already. Just my .02